Quantcast

300x3 Obtainium Ti owners - measure actual stroke for me?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Could anyone that owns this particular spring measure the actual stroke?

Pick a side and measure + add up all the gap distances along that side, preferably with vernier calipers but a ruler will do otherwise, just try to be accurate.

Thanks in advance.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
Measured with calipers, I got 98mm.

BTW, if anyone is looking for one of these (Obtainium 300 x 3 Ti spring), mine is for sale.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Thanks a bunch, also interested and will PM you now.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
Know of any place to get a spacer for the vivid coil? Short of having one made custom.
Do you mean the plastic spacer to run an Obtainium spring on a Vivid shock? If so, I'm pretty sure it's not required, since the Vivid uses 1.5 ID springs, which is what the Obtainiums are. I do have a bunch of spacers in the garage. I'll have to go through them, but I thought the ones I had were for DHXs and Rocos.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
The 3" Vivid requires a spacer for the obtanium just to make up the length. The vivid body isn't threaded down far enough for the preload collar to contact the spring.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
The 3" Vivid requires a spacer for the obtanium just to make up the length. The vivid body isn't threaded down far enough for the preload collar to contact the spring.
I'll check and see if I have one of those. I know I ran an obtainium coil on a Vivid at one point.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Edit - ignore my PM, looks like I need a harder spring.

Last edited:

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
I'll check and see if I have one of those. I know I ran an obtainium coil on a Vivid at one point.
Please do!! I've looked everyone on the net... it's not the ID that is the problem, like toodles said it is the free length

Udi I have a 425lb Ti Obtainium I can parts ways with if you need something that harder..

yellowdogx

Chimp
Dec 21, 2003
Langley BC
I made a spacer out of a mega exo quad bb cup that I pushed the bearing out of and then filed down a bit for my sons bike. Not the most attractive thing out there, but I did it with only a file. I am sure if you spent some time with a lathe it would look great.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
If anyone has for sale:

325 x 3.0 Progressive
325 x 2.75 Progressive
325 x 3.0 Obtainium

I'm interested, PM me.