Quantcast

32 hole rear wheel ?

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
I recently blew up the rear wheel, and am getting a new set up. I am going with a hope hub and a 32 hole syncros dpm rim. I was wondering if the 32 hole set up will hold up to downhill/freeriding abuse if properly built, or if i should not take any chances and go with the 36 hole. I have a pretty smooth riding style due to many years on the hardtail, and am outgrowing my jump casing stage (although that means it's time to go bigger :D )

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
It's all in the build.

I don't know much about Syncros rims. I do know that I'm a heavy guy and run Arrow DHX's in 32h with zero issues. If the wheel is built right, good spokes, everything stressed right and such it'll be fine.

Any reason for the Syncros rim choice? You don't see them around that much. Atleast not here in so cal.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I'd recommend the 36h personally, but it all depends on how strong that rim is (which I am not familiar with) and what you're gonna do on it. If the rim is strong and you keep your spoke tension set right then you shouldn't have a problem. Like I said, I reccommend the 36h, I'd rather deal with the weight of 4 extra spokes for a little more confidence in my machine.