Quantcast

33 Three bots, thirty three posts 33

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why yes it is morning. And yes it is Monday.

Surgically repaired doggo was hobbling around last night after two days of running around. Guess we shall have to dial it back for her.

Otherwise, house hunting was once again disappointing, and no rides scheduled at the moment. I shall have to remedy that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning beautiful people.
Fun ride yesterday, albeit cold. Stretched last night and I don't feel too sore today.
I think it's time to service the fork.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning beautiful people.
Fun ride yesterday, albeit cold. Stretched last night and I don't feel too sore today.
I think it's time to service the fork.
What is this "fork servicing" you speak of?

I haven't touched my fork or shock since I bought my bike 4 years ago. :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Rode a new place this morning that had amazing trails. Sucky part was the ride ended 30 minutes in when my pedal came off the spindle and I didn't have tools to fix.

Looks like I need to go back to bringing my travel toolbox even on trail rides.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stretching seems to be helping my horrible back pain.

Heading into work for the first time since February, need to refresh my laptop.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went to get my oil changed today, and asked them to check wheel alignment too because there's been a lot of noise coming from the tires. The garage had a look and said was the two front bearings that were bad. This makes sense to me, it's a 2013 CX-5. But now I'm staring at a $1,300 (Cndn) job. boooo. going to have another garage take a look and give me a second opinion on Thursday.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
GMT threads should have wingdings and a temporal reference. Take the spam stats to the help forum.
I'd like to complain in the complaint thread that @jonKranked didn't complain about the thread title whereas he doesn't like my perfectly valid ones which identify the actual day.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i thought you were sticking to old school 26" stuff?
I want (need?) a new bike to keep up with the stuff I'm starting to ride again. Wouldn't make sense to build up anything new 26" at this point. I'll begrudgingly settle for 27.5 moving forward.

The hardtail and 5.spot shall remain for as long as they stay in one piece.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
do you though? none of my 26" stuff is holding me back.

ride what you have.

Hah.....I'll let @Adventurous speak to that.

At 240lbs and starting to ride big shit again....a carbon all mtn hardtail and a 140mm 5spot with carbon steerer fork aren't going to hold up. I'd rather not break my 15th frame testing that theory and lose out on perfectly good bikes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hah.....I'll let @Adventurous speak to that.

At 240lbs and starting to ride big shit again....a carbon all mtn hardtail and a 140mm 5spot with carbon steerer fork aren't going to hold up. I'd rather not break my 15th frame testing that theory and lose out on perfectly good bikes.
from what you're saying, you don't need a new bike. you need to go on a fucking diet, fatty. :busted:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
do you though? none of my 26" stuff is holding me back.

ride what you have.
You should encourage him moving to 27.5". The longer he's on 26", the more parts that will get broken, and the less that will be available for the rest of us who still have 26" bikes.