Quantcast

34T ring & 36T LG1?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Can I fit a 34 tooth chainring (e.thirteen G-ring) to a 36T e.thirteen LG1 chainguide (with taco)?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
yes its fine. You wont be able to lower the top slider as much as you would with a 36 tooth (the lower rim of the slider may contact your crank bolts/spider). It will still work fine though.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
What about a 33T? I just order a 33T chainwheel from Dan's to make my DJ bike a little more trail worthy.
That's going to be pushing it, but I haven't tried that before. Let us know how it works out.

Dave

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
What about a 33T? I just order a 33T chainwheel from Dan's to make my DJ bike a little more trail worthy.
yeah i just had to go to a 34 to run the lg1...

DW was there ever any thought to creating a 32 special style lg-1 i loved my 32 special but wanted the clean light lg-1...Seems there might be a market for this in the slalom/dj/slopsteez world:banana:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No worries. I just called Dans and swapped back for a 34T. I didn't want to have a useless 33T Profile Imperial laying around.

Jun 21, 2007
Boston
yeah i just had to go to a 34 to run the lg1...

DW was there ever any thought to creating a 32 special style lg-1 i loved my 32 special but wanted the clean light lg-1...Seems there might be a market for this in the slalom/dj/slopsteez world:banana:
can't you buy the LG-1 plastic peices and just mount them to your 32-special boomerang? i was kind of planning on doing that with my STS 36tooth. there are a bunch of places online that you can buy the plastic peices for the LG-1.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
The clearance issue is with the upper plastic guide vs. the backplate size. I recently asked the e-13 techs about running a 33T and this was their response. (Hopefully they won't mind me quoting their answer)-

There may be an issue with the upper assembly face hitting the spider or chainring bolts due to the amount of overlap needed to keep the chain secure between the top of the chain and the roof of the slider. I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to get away with the 33t.

toby