Quantcast

35lb JEDI!

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
They do look good. How many bearings seb? Engagements? I'd like to see inside. The bearing adjustment sounds good.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
...plus ZTR Flow with some triple butted spokes :)
DT Swiss 240s and AmClass would even nicely fit

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Not many engagements, 24 IIRC when I counted the other day. And yeah, the front hub is lardy, 216g compared to 180ish for many cheaper more common options including Hope. Oh and relatively quiet, not silent, but nothing like a Hope.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yep, a nice addition, and something I dreamt up years ago, glad someone else has had the same idea :)

Jan 8, 2007
Ladera Ranch
35 lbs 15oz's

jedi large
roco wc air
boxxer wc
thomson x4 50mm stem
I9 wheelset 6.1 front dps 32 hoop rear
schwalbe black shark mud Heavy Duty casing 2.25 tires (just shy of a maxxis 2.5)
Middleburn rs7 cranks
xpedo mag pedals
King Ti headset
Answer pro taper OS bars
Formula the one disc brakes 203 front 165 rear
XO der
X9 shifter
ODI rogue Long grips
SDG Ibeam
SDG Ifly saddle
XTR cassette 11/34

34th dangerboy DH chain ring
E-13 LG1 guide
How is the ROCO air running. I want to put one on my DH rig, but an worried repeated DH runs will burn it up. Do you have any feedback? Doe it get hot?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Roco WC air held fine, took it in 1 time and had it serviced. Never let me down or gave me any crap.
Ordered another one yesterday for the 2010 jedi thats shipped out and be here next week.
Looking forward to a different color scheme, new parts and a slacker headangle on the new jedi its now 1 degree slacker. As well as this one has the bigger rear for tire clearance that came out in 09 as well as different pivot bolts with wider heads that protect the bearings from muck and mud sticking to them directly.

Ill have the 2010 boxxer WC right now and it will be a little bit while I accumulate the rest of the stuff but it will be a light and PIMP build right off the bat just not as PIMPED as the last. Give me a little bit for that... :D

So let this be a small review to the roco air, it worked flawless from 10 degrees to 95 degrees and from snow/ice to the desert, racing, mtns, DJ, skills parks, LOTS of single trac etc.... Great shock, looking forward to the next one coming in.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
hope front 176gr rear 278gr
twenty6 dos not make zocchi stuff! but zocchi maybe make a rockshox ready upper crown
Yeah hopes are light and I think for cost probably best bang for the buck, added benifit is color choices with a lower price point...

Yeah I don't think Tylers making marz bolt pattern stems, I though marz was going to the boxxer pattern as it seems to have taken on a IS now with Fox doing it and between fox and rockshox holding such huge market share theyd sway!

Guess not! Its too bad, theres no reason I can see to not jump to the common bolt pattern.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Yeah hopes are light and I think for cost probably best bang for the buck, added benifit is color choices with a lower price point...

Yeah I don't think Tylers making marz bolt pattern stems, I though marz was going to the boxxer pattern as it seems to have taken on a IS now with Fox doing it and between fox and rockshox holding such huge market share theyd sway!

Guess not! Its too bad, theres no reason I can see to not jump to the common bolt pattern.
im pretty sure manitou is using it as well now

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
im pretty sure manitou is using it as well now
Yeah I wasnt sure but I remember someone mentioning it last season.
LOL if all 3 are at a standard then it would make sense to conform asd far as a bolt pattern maybe not technology but a simple IS bolt pattern is good. Reminds me of the ISCG and post mount or other on brakes LOL.
Its all coming together slowly but surely....