Quantcast

Apr 28, 2006
Kirkland, WA
tried to ride it last weekend.
the parking lot still has 2 ft of compact on each side of the gates.
lower moto is only hikable because of all the snow at the beginning.
upper is not in any condition to ride ie: river through trail, snow, tree branches.
overall, those trails need like a solid 2 days of just trail maintenance after all the snow melts, which wont be for awhile.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
More snow on the way for the N-Dub... Sounds like a possibilty of snow at sealevel on friday... Bust out the skis again!

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
If we're lucky maybe late may but its hard to tell. Seeing how there was 2 ft of compact in the middle parking lot area, and that was before our little spring blizzard... We will need like a weekend or so just to clean up the trails too.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
lower trails are rideable from the rail grade down. but they are wet wet wet. but once its all going we need to group together and do a trail maintence day and trash pick-up as there is massive garbage up there from the stupid disrespectful hicks shooting their guns and getting drunk.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
anyone want to head out there around 3 ish today? I'm bored as sh*t and wanna ride some real dh

p.s ill be willing to shuttle a little

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
most of the trails are ridable on the bottom if you hike, only the bottom is shuttable to the rail grade because right at the right turn up the rocks there is 2ft. of snow on the road. everything is very rough from all the erosion.

Jun 18, 2004
I think it's game on this w/e... gonna have to hike/push some stuff below 38 this week... some legit, some not... I'll be back from Leavenworth by sat night

Watch out for glass on the fire roads... What is it with snow/guns/computer monitors/glass bottles and the white trash?

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Anyone want to ride Thurs after 5 or Friday after 4? I have a truck to shuttle. PM if you're interested.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
What is it with snow/guns/computer monitors/glass bottles and the white trash?
multi-use is a double-edged sword :)

I think we are going to attempt some 38 action this weekend. Hopefully the 70+ and sunny will help dry out the remaining snow (if there is still any).

I foresee a very large turnout this weekend for some reason :)

Jun 18, 2004
multi-use is a double-edged sword :)

I think we are going to attempt some 38 action this weekend. Hopefully the 70+ and sunny will help dry out the remaining snow (if there is still any).

I foresee a very large turnout this weekend for some reason :)
I was gonna go; sent texts to Jerry, Joe, others... I think Jerry is up for it...

But I'm going to Leavenworth Sat/Sun with a lady friend...

I'll have to push it on Mon or Tues...

All I got to say is look out for glass in the snow... I pulled out what I found on Sunday when I hiked it w/the girly

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I was gonna go; sent texts to Jerry, Joe, others... I think Jerry is up for it...

But I'm going to Leavenworth Sat/Sun with a lady friend...

I'll have to push it on Mon or Tues...

All I got to say is look out for glass in the snow... I pulled out what I found on Sunday when I hiked it w/the girly
yeah jer is down. have you been out there in the last day or two? how is the snow looking? we will probably hit up 38 on saturday and sunday. if you feel like staying local this weekend, hit me up.

Jun 18, 2004
I rode up N last w/e w/Casey and Dennis... the upper trail has some blow downs and there was so many riders there....

I might be able to make it on Sat for an hour or two... I'll get a hold of Jerry if I think I can do it...

I hiked it last Sunday... last Sunday it would take a 4x4 w/a 3" lift and you'd be alright... if it's hot on Friday I think you'd be ok w/a lower clearance truck...

If I don't make it this w/e I'm definitely pushing it and another greasy/shady trail that we don't talk about on here on Mon/Tues...

yeah jer is down. have you been out there in the last day or two? how is the snow looking? we will probably hit up 38 on saturday and n.fork on sunday. if you feel like staying local this weekend, hit me up.

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
would anyone be willing to take me out here sometime? I'm sick of riding the chuckanut mountain downhill trail..
I'm usually free to ride whenever
(single ha)

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
rode it today with a buddy- conditions are perfect except for the rock trail (with the giant shale rocks) has a river going down the trail on the lower part. We didn't ride the upper part above the 2nd gate but we couldn't see any snow. The lower main train had a ton of work done to it *cough tyler cough* and everything is super fast

Jun 18, 2004
if it ain't pissin rain in the AM I'm gonna push it after I push another place that takes awhile to push up... first I'll do the 3 hrs tour then head for 38...

rode it today with a buddy- conditions are perfect except for the rock trail (with the giant shale rocks) has a river going down the trail on the lower part. We didn't ride the upper part above the 2nd gate but we couldn't see any snow. The lower main train had a ton of work done to it *cough tyler cough* and everything is super fast

Jun 18, 2004
would anyone be willing to take me out here sometime? I'm sick of riding the chuckanut mountain downhill trail..
I'm usually free to ride whenever
(single ha)
theres other riding closer to you that is pretty killer... ever ride near Bellingham?... I'm working in the shipyard up there ever other week... fun stuff up there... Galbraith for starters....

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Yeah I do ride galbraith a lot..but sometimes I enjoy a break from such freeride oriented trails.

Exit 38 always sounds fast

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
38 was freakin' epic. Saturday was stupid hot but great. Sunday was much better weather wise. The trails are running great (river-y on gate and warm-up though). A few places need some love (need to get a group to toss in an hour or two for some post-winter give-back) but man was it perfecto!

I think everyone ate poo at one point or another throughout the day.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Gate def. needs some clearing from branches and trees blocking the trail after the section of river. Didn't check out staboner... Too many CRT's and downed trees in the first section... HMO anyone?

Felt good to be on the bike for fun. First time riding there in probably 7 or 8 months. Only the 6th time back on the DH bike since last season... I need to ride more...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Gate def. needs some clearing from branches and trees blocking the trail after the section of river. Didn't check out staboner... Too many CRT's and downed trees in the first section... HMO anyone?

Felt good to be on the bike for fun. First time riding there in probably 7 or 8 months. Only the 6th time back on the DH bike since last season... I need to ride more...
Let's bring tools out next time and put a little love into gate and boner.

...and how about not leaving boulders uprooted for me to land on next time! ass :)

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
look before you leap... nothing out there that will destroy you if you're just riding down. but there are a few things that will come up on you quick. park in the middle along the john wayne ironhorse trail.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
...and how about not leaving boulders uprooted for me to land on next time! ass
you just wishing that you could be that bad ass to release a basketball size rock from the earth with your shralping...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
you just wishing that you could be that bad ass to release a basketball size rock from the earth with your shralping...
yeah...true story :(

...I also wish I could be badass enough to eat it in that exact same spot and soak up all the sitting water just off the trail :)

kaaaaaaaaaaaaarmaaaaaaaaaaaaa