Quantcast

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
how are you playing GT5 when it hasnt been released yet or any of the others??
crysis 2 is march
tron is december
ghost recon is march
gt5 is "november"
MK is march
motorstorm apocalypse is june
nba 2k11 is october

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Movie theaters are hurting and will keep trying things like 3D and other gimmicks to stay ahead of home theater. It doesn't work for me, so it's one more reason to stay away.

As for Star Wars, Lucas will continue to milk it, and millions of people will lap it up in a sad display of living in the past.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Buddy of mine used to do big screen TV ads for Philips at the Philips arena in Atlanta. He had to use screen shots, etc from video games and had stuff issued through Philips to use in the ads that no one could get.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Buddy of mine used to do big screen TV ads for Philips at the Philips arena in Atlanta. He had to use screen shots, etc from video games and had stuff issued through Philips to use in the ads that no one could get.
screen shots and actually having a game that has been delayed for 5+ years is a little different
we used to get screen shots of the new products months before our product actually arrived and gave them to customers. thats common

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
sorry, i have a very hard time believing anyone has a copy of gt5 and or ghost recon..especially with the latter being out in 6 months
GT5 isnt even done yet and its due out next month
If GT5 Prologue or the demos they've put up on PSN are any indication of the final game, it sucks compared to Forza if you ask me anyway.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If GT5 Prologue or the demos they've put up on PSN are any indication of the final game, it sucks compared to Forza if you ask me anyway.
they are nothing like it. GT5 Prologue sucked pretty bad.
all of the gameplay video that came out of E3 was pretty jaw-dropping and blew Forza 15 away...f1, karts, nascar:mad:,real damage,weather, thousands of cars...

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
they are nothing like it. GT5 Prologue sucked pretty bad.
all of the gameplay video that came out of E3 was pretty jaw-dropping and blew Forza 15 away...f1, karts, nascar:mad:,real damage,weather, thousands of cars...
I'll rent it whenever it finally gets released. I think one of my main issues with it is the damn PS controller. Just doesn't work well on racing games for me. The pressure sensitive triggers on the xbox controller that you use for the gas and brakes just work 1000x better IMO.

That and I really couldn't care less if a game has 3000 cars and every form of racing included. If the physics aren't right and the cars handle like sh*t, then it still sucks....

Speaking of F1, have you checked out F1 2010 yet? Pretty damn good.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That and I really couldn't care less if a game has 3000 cars and every form of racing included. If the physics aren't right and the cars handle like sh*t, then it still sucks....

Speaking of F1, have you checked out F1 2010 yet? Pretty damn good.
GT has always been the best in in-game physics. even back to PS1. and with all the cars, it just makes it that much more funner.er. win money, buy cars for new events...

i guess since im so used to PS, i dont mind the controller at all. anyone i know that has had xbox forever, says they hate it like i hate the xbox controller

gamefly just sent F1 2010 so it should be here tomorrow. :thumb:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
3D TV is now readily available in retail, but the uptake among consumers has been limited by high prices and lack of content. However, with falling prices, increased content availability, and improvements in technology all expected, there will be tremendous growth in 3D TV shipments over the next few years. DisplaySearch forecasts that 3.2 million 3D TVs will be shipped in 2010, with growth to over 90 million in 2014. Based on this forecast, 3D will grow from 2% of all flat panel TVs shipped in 2010, to 41% in 2014

http://www.displaysearch.com/cps/rde/xchg/displaysearch/hs.xsl/101012_3d_tv_not_growing_as_fast_as_tv_makers_expected_in_2010.asp

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
GT has always been the best in in-game physics. even back to PS1. and with all the cars, it just makes it that much more funner.er. win money, buy cars for new events...

i guess since im so used to PS, i dont mind the controller at all. anyone i know that has had xbox forever, says they hate it like i hate the xbox controller

gamefly just sent F1 2010 so it should be here tomorrow. :thumb:
hopefully that'll tide you over, now that gt has been delayed again.

I'm starting to think they should change the name to "Gran Turismo Forever"

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
People use the normal controllers for race games? :think:

G27...
Was actually looking at that today. Might make GT5 better considering I hate the PS controller. I play racing games on the xbox with no complaints, cause the triggers are pressure sensitive and it just works. Never felt a need to spend that kind of money on a wheel...

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
a steering wheel is a bit more interactive then i want to be with a video game. and unless you have a seat/wheel/pedal combo, using the pedals is a bit of a pain

jmckemy

Chimp
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, TN
I wasn't a fan 20 some odd years ago when it was all the "rage". Wearing glasses for 2 hours always led me to a headache...If I want 3D, i'm heading out to the trails!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
a steering wheel is a bit more interactive then i want to be with a video game. and unless you have a seat/wheel/pedal combo, using the pedals is a bit of a pain
There was an old serial Microsoft Force Feedback wheel at the thrift store for $6 last weekend. That thing was so bad ass when it first came out.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i had their serial force feedback joystick back in the day. they were fun too.
I never tried the stick, but I used to work by Thrustmaster and would buy crap direct for cheap. They made some good force feedback stuff, but I had the standard wheel/pedal setup they had.

I know a buddy of mine has been playing some 3D games almost non-stop for the past month. If he ever stops, I'll find out what he thinks.