Quantcast

3D printer recommendations

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a Prusa. works well eventually, always takes a of futzing around to print part.

However I don't have much of a need for fragile plastic bric-a-brac so I haven't used it much. Kind of excited that ordering printed metal parts is no longer exorbitantly expensive.

I did make a bag of dicks for @kidwoo

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I have a Prusa. works well eventually, always takes a of futzing around to print part.

However I don't have much of a need for fragile plastic bric-a-brac so I haven't used it much. Kind of excited that ordering printed metal parts is no longer exorbitantly expensive.

Fragile ones?? What a waste…

gonefirefightin

free wieners

I had an originial prusa years ago and loved the print quality but it was a bugger to babysit. I also was only using it for FPV parts and hobby stuff but now I am need of making actual functional tool stuff, organization stuff as well and practical construction items so need something a bit faster than a dick maker.

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Bambulabs seems to have made a big dent in the high quality, dependable, speedy 3d print market, so you probably can't go wrong there.
I chose to build a Voron V0.2 around Christmas, which was a very enjoyable experience, like getting a huge Lego Technic box for your birthday... only with worse manuals.
The building experience did give me a lot more insight into the inner workings, and allows me to customize and tune things at will, but I totally understand it when people can't be bothered.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
200k for a pretty solid metal printer, kind of interesting hearing about filling it, didn't think it was going to be so hazmat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I presume though that even with PC the printed part is a fraction of the strength of a cast part?
Actually not too far off. However even if you 3-d print a pattern for investment casting the cost of cast parts is very expensive for low volumes and you get a lot more design flexibility for printed parts.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

send some to louis ck.

he would probably suck one.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I have a P1S. So far, it's been as reliable as everyone suggests and I've gotten great quality prints with PLA. I've yet to try any of the more exotic materials, so can't speak to that.