Quantcast

4 rides in one day, putting feelers out.

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I have always wanted to try this and this year i am going to. The goal is to ride 4 different places from sunrise to sunset. Spend at least one hour at each spot and have the last ride end at a popular riding spot i.e. Skookum, Galbraith, Tiger ect.. you get the picture.

Anybody interested in joining me on this little adventure. I plan on doing it June 18th.

Sep 8, 2004
If my wrist is functional by then, I'm in. The EASIEST four to do would be Ranger Creek, Deep Creek, Palisades and Suntop. All shuttleable in the same area, could run skookum once or twice even.

-James

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Bwahahahaha. Jimbo, shuttles don't count....

Doing 6 in one day next Saturday.

Cherry Valley, Moss lake, Griffin, Tokul West, Tokul East and Tolt-MacD

Only 100 offroad miles....

Sep 8, 2004
Well, A shuttle-day is appopriate anyways! My fatass requires a shuttle, I tried doing XC on my bighit last month and although it was entertaining, it was hardly pleasant.
If we shuttled up there, started early, we could probably get more than 4 shuttles in, provided no mechanical failures.

-James.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm gonna in Winthrop riding with some newbs, but if you wanna shuttle Greenwater you can shuttle and ride all 4 downhill trails and be plenty burned out. Deep Creek, Ranger Creek, Palisaides, and Fawn Ridge on the other side. That's a whole day of riding and great descending with minimal uphill.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
You can shuttle to the trailhead, but there's still some decent little climbs on all those loops. Suntop is probably the most brutal of them all, so I'd nail that one down first just to get it over with.
It's only a 90-ish minute ride up the fireroad to Noble Knob. If anybody could pull off two loops like that in one day, I would make a poster of that person, have them sign it and put it up over my bed.:love:

Knine - that's alot of driving in between trails. You'd best be at the first trailhead at daybreak and have some headlights for the last trail you hit. Good luck with your mission and have alot of fun along the way!:thumb:

p.s. - I'd be down if I didn't have to work that day

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I was thinking SST,Tape,St Ed's and finishing up at Galbraith. What Jimbo reccomends sounds interesting.

DBR- Yeah it is alot of driving. But i think you get a group of riders together, and then it becomes a challenge and that is what is going to make it fun.That and the Beer when i get home:)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
DBR, we did that last year. Rode up Corral/down Palisades, Up White River/Down Skookum, Up Sun Top Road/Down Suntop.
Going for the Triple this year. Adding Riding up/down Crystal to it.
I'll get the poster ready... ;)

Actually K9, I've often thought of the same thing. Adding Galbraith seems like only adding miles. Keep it local and do 2-3 of these a year.
How about South: SST, Sawyer, Victor, then Skookum/White River?
East: Tiger, Beaver lake, Tokul, Tolt?
Local shuttle: Dooval, 38, 27, Ranger creek?
North: Victoria tract, ACFL, Padden, Galbraith...
West: Green mtn, Tahuya, Skokomish, Capitol

You get the picture. Lots of opportunities.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Borneo said:
DBR, we did that last year. Rode up Corral/down Palisades, Up White River/Down Skookum, Up Sun Top Road/Down Suntop.
Going for the Triple this year. Adding Riding up/down Crystal to it.
I'll get the poster ready... ;)
:thumb:

We came close to going for Suntop one day after the Corral/Palisades/White River/Skookum loop, but it was almost 90-degrees and the sun was brutal. We hit Suntop/Skookum/White River the next day, as we were also camping out there. I pretty much lived in the shower once I got back home from that trip.:monkey:

Here's one for ya' Knine...
Fromme
Seymour
Cypress
Woodlot

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Lot of good ideas here. I like the shuttle idea. Seeing that i have never ridden any of those. I have always wanted to do ranger. But ended up doing Dalles ridge insted. I really like the north loop. But coming out of the south end would mean i would probably have to leave before sunraise to get up there. As for the shore one. I want to wait till i get my new toy built. Still have some time to plan and i am always open to ideas. Would be nice to get a small group and a couple of trucks if the shuttle idea works out.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Suntop is probably the most brutal of them all, so I'd nail that one down first just to get it over with.
Fawn Ridge is the end of Suntop, after you cross a forest road then it's almost all downhill. So no climbing, but no view, but you get plenty of view up top on the Nob and Ridge. You'd like it even climbing up isn't that hard that way, compared to Corral Pass road it's a cakewalk.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
A few years back we did Rat Pac, Devil's Gulch/Mission Ridge, and Freund in one day. Just because. Refueled at Gustav's and then slept well at the 7 mile CG on Icicle Creek. I'm sure you could add one in there on the way over Blewett Pass.
Boy, Rat Pac really sucks for one run up/down though. It was over with way too fast for the drive time.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
long day for me....

a full lap at seymour->a full lap on fromme (up to bookwus and down)->a full lap on cypress (up to blind skier and down)->a full lap at woodlot (up to karpenter and down)->galbraith (up to wonderland and down).

i was quite tired when I got home....the next day we did the suntop, skookum, palisades, cystal loop thing...that was a long weekend of pedaling!

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Are you insinuating that you wnat to ride the 100 mile loop with me?? I guess I'll have to ride my DH bike then.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
or how about just go to capitol forest and ride the 100 mile loop, less in gas $$
i've never puked from riding but i think if i ever did 100 miles off road in a day, i'd probably puke and die.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing