Quantcast

43 degree windy ride

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So the first really cold ride in many year. Luckily I have kept all my old XC cold weather gear. Rough start - it was a strange feeling riding with all the layers but after 15 miles I started feeling really good and only had problems with some one important part getting too cold. Hope this mild winter weather continues it will be nice not to have to start all over this spring. I did 33 miles and still had more energy but had to go to a Christmas party so I called it a day.

Really need some sun glasses especially at this time of the year when the sun hangs lower. Can't wait for my new setup with road pedals and shoes either. My right feet get numb really quickly.

Anybody else did some good riding this week?

When climbing I have started moving a little forward in the seat. Does that make sense?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
where did you ride to?

I scooch forward on my fixed gear when climbing over the bridges, but am thinking about dropping the saddle a bit.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just more laps in the park. Sorry that is how boring I am. The simplicity is actually what I like about the park. With a busy job and full time dad a little quite time doing laps is very relaxing I didn't even race anybody today. Plus no cars to worry about and I live right by the 9th Street entrance.

dsotm

Monkey
Jul 21, 2006
WRJ, VT
So the first really cold ride in many year. Luckily I have kept all my old XC cold weather gear. Rough start - it was a strange feeling riding with all the layers but after 15 miles I started feeling really good and only had problems with some one important part getting too cold. Hope this mild winter weather continues it will be nice not to have to start all over this spring. I did 33 miles and still had more energy but had to go to a Christmas party so I called it a day.

Really need some sun glasses especially at this time of the year when the sun hangs lower. Can't wait for my new setup with road pedals and shoes either. My right feet get numb really quickly.

Anybody else did some good riding this week?

When climbing I have started moving a little forward in the seat. Does that make sense?
I got some time in yesterday. 54 miles with 5600 ft in climbing in 32 degrees. The ride ended in the snow, it was a good feeling.

Sometimes I move forward and sometimes I move backward on the seat. It all depends on the climb. If the climb is long, I move backward and if it's short and steep I typically move forward, though that isn't always the case.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good idea...I ALWAYS wear sunglasses, or at least clear glasses to protect my eyes from the wind/rain/snow.