Quantcast

495 on Sunday 19th

Jan 18, 2006
Some Baltimore goons are headed down on Sunday a little before noon. Should be about 5 of us, anyone else interested?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Could somebody PM me directions? I'm currently sans bike but I might come down and check the place out with the ol' camera if a lot of peeps is gonna be there.

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
This one will be there-just don't get too close cos I got strep throat! Or, lick my grips for a surefire sick pass for work on Monday...

I won't have my two year old with me this time, so everyone will hafta take my word when I say she hits the lines better than most.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
willpowa said:
This one will be there-just don't get too close cos I got strep throat! Or, lick my grips for a surefire sick pass for work on Monday...

I won't have my two year old with me this time, so everyone will hafta take my word when I say she hits the lines better than most.
my hangover will be hurting tomorrow, :nopity: but i'll be there. my goal is to be there around 10/11am.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Here's a bunch of pictures from this weekend's ride.

Corey_dcstreet in triplicate on the slalom course:

jivefoolsucka:

Not sure who this guy is:

Whale sighting 1:

Whale sighting 2:

damienc:

Whale sighting 3:

Willpowa max intensity strep-toe-cock-ass:

Hungover whale sighting 4 (ambergris anyone?):

That's it. Thanks for showing me the place. Can't wait ditch the camera and come back with a bike...

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
cool pix. good to see the slalom course is in good shape again. if no one worked on it this year i was going to! thanks for doing that job for me and i will be put there during the summer to keep it that way

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Wow. I really wanna go down there now. Anyone up for another trip. Maybe this Sunday.

BTW, nice pictures Dave. How come you didnt ride?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
rpk1988 said:
Wow. I really wanna go down there now. Anyone up for another trip. Maybe this Sunday.

BTW, nice pictures Dave. How come you didnt ride?

Frame issue. I should be getting a new one soon, hopefully, probably not by this weekend though. :mumble:

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
cool shots dave. i was pretty smashed on sunday, so it took a lot of effort to ride but always well worth it (as was the costly night before). :devil:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
You know, that first picture of Corey could have been even better if you also had him standing there on the side of the trail with the other guys watching himself ride by.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
peter6061 said:
You know, that first picture of Corey could have been even better if you also had him standing there on the side of the trail with the other guys watching himself ride by.

Why didn't I think of that? I'll double check all my photos and see if I have one with him standing there!!!! If I do I'll chop him in and repost. Too funny.

Edit: ask and yee shall receiveith:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
VDfree said:
Nice forearm pad corey:teacher:
lets just say i learned my lesson from a few weeks back riding there :hot:

jdschall said:
Why didn't I think of that? I'll double check all my photos and see if I have one with him standing there!!!! If I do I'll chop him in and repost. Too funny.
nice work dave! it'd be awesome if we could somehow write a movie based around this. naw, it'd never work...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I just used the "selection brush tool" and carefully selected the areas I wanted to superimpose and then cut and paste them into new layers and moved the layers into place. You also have to play with the layer arrangement. You can also stretch and skew the layers to get things a little more to scale and filter layers individually to get contrast and brightness looking the same.

If you look carefully you can tell where I f'ed up a few times. Things don't match up quite right, severed tree limbs etc. I think Corey's missing half his backwheel as well. If I spent more time on it I think I could get it where you couldn't tell at all. Fun stuff.