Quantcast

4cross frame?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
personally im gonna go with a tazer when i get the cash. saw a mba's build and well it was :hot: and i absolutly love the frame. just me though.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Depends on what you are looking at. Long stable, low is what most people prefer. Something with a 42" WB, 12" BB, 16" stays (HT), 17" with most fullys.

I'd say a tazer is a good look, kona has the cowan and howler frames that are simple and inexpensive, specialized SX, morewood ndiza is a good frame.

hardtail wise, yeti dj, morewood ndiza ht, cannondale chase, specialized p3 are all good choices.

Cheetabrian

Chimp
Jan 6, 2005
I have a Planet X Splittail and would definitely recommend getting one. I would buy it again in a second if it got stolen or something. Rides and jumps really nice. Or if you're a kid it is hella sick. You can get some more info at zedsport.com and also teamplanetx.com They also have a lot of different build options, just email the guy.

misctwo

Chimp
Mar 30, 2006
Cheetabrian said:
I have a Planet X Splittail and would definitely recommend getting one. I would buy it again in a second if it got stolen or something. Rides and jumps really nice. Or if you're a kid it is hella sick. You can get some more info at zedsport.com and also teamplanetx.com They also have a lot of different build options, just email the guy.

are those even on sale yet??

for 4x HT, look at the Tazer HT(rare, one just sold on ebay) or ndiza.

SuperBad

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
misctwo said:
are those even on sale yet??

for 4x HT, look at the Tazer HT(rare, one just sold on ebay) or ndiza.
The splitail is definitely for sale. I have had one since January. Rides great, and is a fantastic bargain. I got a 454 coil pike, DHX 5.0 and the frame for just over a grand.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Get a hardtail. It's faster in 4x. Look at Brian Lopes, he won just about everything last year on his hardtail. With the money you'll save you can get a good, light, and short fork and some killer wheels. 4x is all about getting to the first corner fastest, and you really don't need a lot of suspension to do that well.

Check out a Chameleon, Black Market MOB, Cannondale Chase, Yeti DJ, etc. There's a ton of good bikes out there.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lopes also rocks a full suspension every now and again. yeh hes one of the few pros that rocks a hardtail but a hardtail isnt gonna be fast than a full suspension if the full suspension is set up right. also the suspension kinda makes up for mistakes or in my opinion it does. i think its all personal preference and i think a full suspension will make the ride a little bit better if you dont exactly make a double or you clear it to flat that extra suspension is always gonna help things. just my opinion.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
the split tail is probably one of the best bikes i've ever ridden, can't go wrong with one of those. if you are a light person, go with a small jamis dakar. i used to have one for light freeride and 4x racing, it was so awesome. you should really just test bikes and see what you like best. keep in mind, that most 4x bikes are used for a couple seasons then replaced, so don't get something really expensive.