Quantcast

>>>4th workdump day gmt<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hhhm its in the 40s this morning, better break out a beanie to cover my hairless head,

in the news second stage of a soyuz rocket exploded while carrying 3 astronauts to the space station. the capsule separated and made a ballistic re entry. all 3 survived...bet new shorts are needed. cameras caught the explosion
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/11/europe/soyuz-rocket-russia-nasa-intl/index.html

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Some rain today courtesy of Michael. Supposed to clear out by lunch and be sunny with highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s for about a week. Seasonal trails open in Pisgah on Sunday so a ride might be had.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
hhhm its in the 40s this morning, better break out a beanie to cover my hairless head,

in the news second stage of a soyuz rocket exploded while carrying 3 astronauts to the space station. the capsule separated and made a ballistic re entry. all 3 survived...bet new shorts are needed. cameras caught the explosion
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/11/europe/soyuz-rocket-russia-nasa-intl/index.html
And they did *everything* to ensure success prior to launch.

Morning. WFH to deal with inspection of new heating apparatus which is not happening because the contractor cancelled it in the last minute because of his family emergency. Heating works but I cannot call the gas company about heating rate reduction (30% cheaper) until the work is officially finished. Next attempt - Monday. In the mean time - work, bikes, windows, yard.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
school cancelled today because our charter school blindly follows the public system for closures. it’s mildly breezy and we’ll get maybe 3 inches of rain between last night and noon, then sun will be out by evening. fts, ima need more beer. :panic:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working half day. I'm responsible for work done until 10:30 AM. If I hustle I can get out close to then. :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

The rainstorm gonna rainstorm. They heard we like rain, so they decided to rain on our storm so we can be wet while it rains.

We had an event scheduled with the 3M graphics training team inside their cool mobile wrap studio, but they cancelled today...because, rain. :homer:

Heading out later (because rain doesn't melt me) to meet a customer who is opening a Jeep dealership and has a ton of graphics to get installed inside - which is awesome, because there's a good BBQ joint over in Durham that I haven't been to in awhile that I can hit on the way out.

Y'all be good to each other while I'm gone.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Good Morning!!

The rainstorm gonna rainstorm. They heard we like rain, so they decided to rain on our storm so we can be wet while it rains.

We had an event scheduled with the 3M graphics training team inside their cool mobile wrap studio, but they cancelled today...because, rain. :homer:

Heading out later (because rain doesn't melt me) to meet a customer who is opening a Jeep dealership and has a ton of graphics to get installed inside - which is awesome, because there's a good BBQ joint over in Durham that I haven't been to in awhile that I can hit on the way out.

Y'all be good to each other while I'm gone.
going to the qshack?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I saw Hans in the canyon this morning on the way down (Hans is our nickname for this nut who skate skis up the mountain a few mornings a week). It looked like he was trying to hitch a ride but his arm was just outstretched resting on his ski pole. It was still kinda slushy so I figure he wanted to bail & is hitching a ride. He wasnt. He was just resting but it looked like he was hitching. Chatted for a minute. Happy dude. He was having fucking fun lol

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
All my marble for the kitchen countertops and backsplash arrived today. First the installer forgot to install the sink and then called me and told me the sink did not fit and I then had to remind them it was and undermounted sink. Then there was a huge amount of blemishes across the large backsplash by the cooktop. God damnit I am getting tire of the renovation project.

Next week it water heater and decalcification install it will be fun to learn what will go wrong with that :-)