Quantcast

4x/ds course at northstar - who wants it

mr.niles

Chimp
Apr 29, 2007
all i can say is WOW! what a response! i've been boycotting online forums for a while since posting this, but this gives me reason to return.

so...i'm chiming back in.

william42 opened a new thread in the dh/fr forums on mtbr, and i pretty sure i opened threads in norcal and dh/fr forums at mtbr the same day i opened this one.

so...if response is what the northstar folks look for, then go give it to them! nothing wrong with chiming in everywhere we can.

i need to read the other posts more carefully, as i might have seen a way to contact someone to get the stuff built for real. but, everyone else - carry on and do what you can to make this a reality.

thanks to all!

Jan 19, 2008
I (and obviously many others) would absolutely LOVE a dual and 4x venue both to ride casually and to race. But this hinges on courses that are actually built well and not in a manner that necessitates skidding and over braking in corners like much of livewire. If they are executed poorly, it will just become one more realm of beat down northstar trails that people complain about, and a waste of time and effort.

Done well however, you guys could bring a whole new level of business into play. That's apparent in this thread alone, and RM is obviously only a small fraction of the norcal mountain bike community, and these guys are pumped. It would be one of those kinds of additions that add to the infrastructure of a mountain bike and summer destination that northstar is trying to achieve. It would be less intimidating to families who rightly fear the super loose and rocky dh trails already there, and possibly get them excited about mountain bikes (and buy tickets and bike rentals :D).

Talk to Spangler. He's nearby, knows what he's doing, has name recognition and is an adult who can fufill a contract.

Well said! I'm in for a DS and 4x course......how about hiring Evan Turpen to help all the great trail builders in N*. He has a TON of experience in building sick stuff :thumb:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Please build this......spectator freindly, big sell for the hill and a place for people to actually practice.

I shovel........and I am also fat... : )
Two fat guys with shovels, sounds like a sitcom.

But will there be beer?

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
so I realize this is all speculative, but does anyone know where they would put said track? does this mean expanding the space dedicated to bikes, or altering an area where trails are already in place?.....also, building up a 4X bike as we speak, if this is true it will solidify me buying a pass again this year.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
yup thats the idea. everyone brags about how many laps they get in during one day well this would be a way to put your money where mouth is. this could also be a team event so if youre like woo and have lady shoulders you can get a break. just another idea to spice up the summer if theres enough interest in it, it will be discussed with the powers at be.
This is an awesome idea! The 11 hour drive to Angelfire for their lap DH race was completely worth it. A 6 hour drive to Northstar would be way better!

I like where all this is going!:thumb:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
so I realize this is all speculative, but does anyone know where they would put said track? does this mean expanding the space dedicated to bikes, or altering an area where trails are already in place?.....also, building up a 4X bike as we speak, if this is true it will solidify me buying a pass again this year.
DukesofTahoe should correct me if I'm mistaken (and return my phone calls beyotch), but discussions last year were about a new zone, not currently occupied by existing trails.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
DukesofTahoe should correct me if I'm mistaken (and return my phone calls beyotch), but discussions last year were about a new zone, not currently occupied by existing trails.
sorry woo i was out of town but returned your call today. yes the course that was being discussed would be in a yet to be developed area. i'll let you guys know now that the chances are getting slimmer for this to become a reality. its looking more like a dual cross down zone 6 of livewire. either way there will be gated head to head racing at N* this summer. so get your lil bikes and your sprinting legs ready.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Either way DukesofTahoe, anything new and especially gated racing at Northstar would be an added attraction and you are doing a GREAT job of getting the ball rolling. Props to you! Hopefully if my shoulder surgery is healed up I'll make it up there to ride the proposed course/s and of course buy you a beer for your contributions.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Like I said, I am down to dig.
N* is shutting down the ski/board season on the 18th.
And with the strange weather we're having today, I can't see the snow lasting much past the first of May this year at the lower sections.

Woo; where would they be thinking of doing this? I'd be into digging on the weekends, god knows my fat ass could use the labor.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
thanks for the offers to dig guys but there are laws against free labor so northstar can not allow you guys to dig. there is one more meeting this week to hear a bunch of riders and industry guys input. the big wigs are doing their best to make the voice of the riders heard and hopefully the dreams of the park crew realized.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Can we whore ourselves for season passes?
Bargained for and given in exchange in lieu of payment?

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
its looking more like a dual cross down zone 6 of livewire. either way there will be gated head to head racing at N* this summer. so get your lil bikes and your sprinting legs ready.
Any updates or changes to these plans? Also, I didn't ride Livewire enough on my big bike to know what the zones are. Where is zone 6? Will they have the two lines seperated all the time or only for races? Sorry for all the questions, but I just finished my little ds bike and I'm getting antsy in my pantsies.