Quantcast

4x/dual/jump hardtail

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
Hi!

I´m looking for a new 4x/dual/pumptrack/jump hardtail and can´t decide between a commencal absolut 4x (small), transition bank (medium) and a santa cruz jackal (standard).

I´m about 5´7 and had a santa cruz chameleon in small which was a little bit too short.

What do you think, and which frame would you prefer??

thanks!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i love my Bank.
its snappy pedaling out of turns and is pretty stiff. the TT is a bit long, but the stem i have on there is adding to that effect.
ive been meaning to change my fork out, but it works for now

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Thanks, it is a short. I love the Commencal, had a Bank before this I hated the bank dropout system, the bike lacked the liveliness and the power transfer the Commencal has. The Absolut is quick, nimble and geo spot on. Especially with the 12mm through axle it really puts the power down. The Bank was just missing something more or a jump bike maybe.

The Commencal is 24lbs but now has hive fifteenG cranks and carbon elixirs

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Thanks, it is a short. I love the Commencal, had a Bank before this I hated the bank dropout system, the bike lacked the liveliness and the power transfer the Commencal has. The Absolut is quick, nimble and geo spot on. Especially with the 12mm through axle it really puts the power down. The Bank was just missing something more or a jump bike maybe.

The Commencal is 24lbs but now has hive fifteenG cranks and carbon elixirs
forget the bike, tell me more about the car

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
Black Market, Mob/Riot. Steel but still stiff enough, good weight, and a great all around hardtail.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The Foes Predator is a stiff, light and extremely fun DJ/Slalom bike, that might be worth looking into. I've enjoyed playing on one. Although, the $900 price tag is a bit ridiculous.
the Predator is a great bike. SUPER stiff and flickable like all other Foes frames....its just $1050...it was $900ish, but they raised the price :think: