Quantcast

4x questions

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
Ok, i have a azonic ds1 and a giant AC1 with a 4 way swinger. I need to sell one. I would prefer to not have rear suspension if this is possible for 4x, but If it is necessary then i will keep the AC. please help me with my dilema.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Hardtails are way faster to sprint and (imo) easier to pump and jump. On bumpy courses they are a little harsh.

Go with the Azonic.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
scurban said:
hardtails are better for 99% of 4x tracks.
What???? At nationals rarely do you see a hardtail on the podium! But in your case the AC is not the answer. Sell both and get a better made shorter travel 4X bike.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
ztlh13 said:
What???? At nationals rarely do you see a hardtail on the podium! But in your case the AC is not the answer. Sell both and get a better made shorter travel 4X bike.

Yeah, cause lopes and Prokop winning WC and Jeep races on HTs is just unheard of............

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Azonic. The head angle on the AC is too slack for 4X (In fact most of the angles are wrong). I also have an AC, and I like it, but it's not a 4X bike.

Pros prolly ride full sussers in the US to sell more of 'em. I'd be interested to see how firm they run the rear shocks. I'd bet it's pretty hard. In the UK 4X is all about hardtails. Revells are actually designed with 4X in mind - Steep head angle, short chainstays.

(yay, I made an excuse to post a pic of my bike! :D )

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
It's really not a matter of fs v. ht overall, it's that the AC is too much bike for the discipline, and the DS-1 is targeted at DS and 4x.