Quantcast

4X Racing

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Hey, I wanna get into 4X racing and I don't know where to begin (I do have a bike so that's a start). Is there any racing locally (Puget Sound area) or do I have to haul my ass all the way up to PA? :evil:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
scottjustscott said:
Hey, I wanna get into 4X racing and I don't know where to begin (I do have a bike so that's a start). Is there any racing locally (Puget Sound area) or do I have to haul my ass all the way up to PA? :evil:
Actually you need to haul your ass to Nor Cal to get the closest four cross event or series thats any good. There are some in BC though. It would be nice if we could get a NW course built .

Good luck. :thumb:

holliswood said:
Actually you need to haul your ass to Nor Cal to get the closest four cross event or series thats any good. There are some in BC though. It would be nice if we could get a NW course built .

Good luck. :thumb:
Talk to Scott up at BikeWorks (Lumberjack here on the PNW) - he and some others on the North End are trying to get something going.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Yeah I'm familiar with some BMX tracks from my racing days. A lot of them are pretty anti mountain biker (at least they used to be). Which BikeWorks there are quite a few of them around here.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
scottjustscott said:
Yeah I'm familiar with some BMX tracks from my racing days. A lot of them are pretty anti mountain biker (at least they used to be). Which BikeWorks there are quite a few of them around here.
Bikeworks of Lake Stevens (425)334-7812. You can PM Lumberjack. If you don't have a rig he knows the setup for 4X very well. At the very least have him build your race wheels, the very best. Look for an upcomming event in PA I think, they have a nice flow to the course out there. Plus look for some of the MTB events at the BMX races (Port Orchard threads are good). Good luck.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The BMX tracks realized that mountain bikers are a untapped revenue source. They are very hospitable.
I went to one of the indoor races in Port Orchard. There were enough MTBers there that we got our own gate. It was about as close to 4x as you can get in the PNW.
I know there is talk of a MTB series this summer at Seatac and McClollum (sp)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
The North Seatac BMX track always welcome mtbers. The track is built slightly downhill which helps. Lots of mtbers use the track all the time.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - we're working on the track right now - cleaning it up, getting the track smoother from the neglect this past winter and making the track about 200feet longer. Should be some good times when it's all done. Opening day is April 3rd.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Five said:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot - we're working on the track right now - cleaning it up, getting the track smoother from the neglect this past winter and making the track about 200feet longer. Should be some good times when it's all done. Opening day is April 3rd.

Is this for North Seatac. I was planning on going out there tomorrow morning. Is it unrideable?

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
If Bibs shows up we will turn S### Weasle loose on him at the track. SW hasn't had his shots. Hey Bibs SS is fine for the track with the right gearing rdhring2000 just set his boys up with it and when I get a chance I'll set mine up.