Quantcast

5-10-15 minute workout

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I need to start doing some simple stretches and exercises like sit ups and push ups. I have about 20 minutes in the morning that I would like to start doing this.

Does anyone have any suggestions or sites that might help me maximize my time?

I'd just like to get in a little better shape then I am now. I'm not looking to run a marathon or anything soon.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
You could probably find alot of info on calisthenics on the web. Then just build a routine that suits you.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yep. there is plenty on the web for sure.

I thought maybe someone knew of a really good one I might could use.

pretty much I'm just doing some stretching and a few pushups/sittups and I'll just keep increasing them until I get bored....:p

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Situps and pushups will do you good. If you get bored, try one of these (most of my "workouts" are only about 20 minutes):

- street ride in the neighborhood, 5 min warmup, 5-10 min hammer, 5 min easy spin.
- 1-2 mile run/walk combo.
- freeweights. Even just some 15-25lb dumbells can do some good.

With any of these, you can get a decent workout in 20 min or less. Last yr I lost 25 lbs btwn this kind of workout and reigning in my diet.

I've kept it off too. Good luck!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by pnj
I'd just like to get in a little better shape then I am now. I'm not looking to run a marathon or anything soon.
Poop. You are not in bad shape now, calistetics are not going to do that much for you as you are already in good cadio shape and do plenty of riding anyway.

If you have the discipline and I dont... nothing beats yoga.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Poop. You are not in bad shape now, calistetics are not going to do that much for you as you are already in good cadio shape and do plenty of riding anyway.

If you have the discipline and I dont... nothing beats yoga.
well, I haven't been doing alot of riding lately, more house work then anything.

I also have zero upper body strength.

that's why I don't want to or feel the need to join a gym.

yoga eh?