Quantcast

5/20 ride??? kanan dume (tunnel) ???

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yo!

for some giggles, i am thinking of trying the kanan dume singletrack. i have never tried it before but have been told it is a bundle of fun. anyone have anything to add to this? i was told to take PCH to Kanan, then Kanan north to the tunnel. the trail starts there and goes east for several miles of covered single track.

who knows about this ride? who wants to do it 9:30 saturday morning?

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
it looks as if the trail you seek is part of the malibu backbone trail, it seems there are as many ways to run this trail as there are dummy trails to send you in the wrong direction......seems like the majority start at corral cnyn and ride to kanan. :help:

|S2|

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ventura
It's a fun trail. I suggest starting at kanan so that on the return you can finish with a downhill. It's also fun to carry on past the parking lot at the corral cyn. end and play around on the sandstone sections before heading back. Have fun.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
[s2], never actually been to either trail-head, and am a little confused as to the orientation. is kanan a higher altitude to start at or is corral canyon?........is the trailhead marked at corral? thanks jason

|S2|

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ventura
Being the backbone trail, it traverses the mountains. Between Kanan and Corral the trail crosses three drainages. The Kanan trailhead is towards the bottom of a drainage and the Corral trailhead is on the ridgeline. None of the climbs are very long, but there are some short steep sections. There is also about a 2.5 mile section to the west of the Kanan trailhead that is open to bikes. All and all it's a fun trail.