Quantcast

5.29.08: Diablo Trail Update

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

The racing action is over, the dust has settled and the hardworking ParkLogic Crew has been on the mountain all week getting the trails dialed for another great weekend!

We are happy to report that the trails are fast, grippy and dry! In addition, BMW to Stigmata will be open this weekend and a new stepup jump has been added to Crap Chute. Various, mountain-wide maintenance took place this week so be sure to do some exploring...

Don't forget! The new Diablo Deck Bar is NOW Open every weekend!

Coming Soon!
-GreenHorn Progression Park construction
-IndyCross construction
-MAJOR Dual Slalom event to be announced!

Stepup / Crap Chute

PJ Post, Diablo Mountain Operations Manager trail testing...

NEW NYC Freeride limited edition "Diablo" Glory Hole Pedals now in stock!

2008 limited edition WTB "Diablo" Silverado Saddles in stock!

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
My new Shock should be here tomorrow.... if it shows up i'll be @ creek Saturday and Sunday! Keep up the great work guys!

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I am very very excited that all the trails are finally going to be open. I know it sounds lame but I want to ride greenhorn when it's dry since that hasn't been possible yet. It's been a rainy may.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
last weekend was super dry...the trail rips now :thumb:
Man, now I regret not riding last weekend even more. It's going to be a LONG day at work tomorrow. No computer yet so I can't even stare at the trailmap. :nopity:

Anyway, is that stepup on crap chute going to be at the lead in from the fireroad? That's pretty much the only uphill part of that trail, right?

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
-MAJOR Dual Slalom event to be announced!
Did everyone just gloss by that little bit? The richest event in US mountain biking, and only event with significant national TV coverage- the Jeep King of the Mountain series- is coming to Diablo. And it's managed this year by 48 straight, who've rocked the ski world with their race/party weekends.

This is HUGE news. Congrats, Diablo.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
im broke, i have to wait till next week to ride there. i guess ive waited longer. ive never ridden the whole mountain though so i hope bmw is open next week

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
Did everyone just gloss by that little bit? The richest event in US mountain biking, and only event with significant national TV coverage- the Jeep King of the Mountain series- is coming to Diablo. And it's managed this year by 48 straight, who've rocked the ski world with their race/party weekends.

HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY FAIL TO MENTION THAT THE JEEP KING OF THE HILL IS COMING TO DIABLO?! Thats beyond awesome, it its true. Complete TV coverage! I would be there of course.

trevorson8

Chimp
May 5, 2008
Boston, MA
wow...king of the mountain at creek....

i'm assuming they will be building up the course to make it longer/more exciting...

does anyone think there will be more open slalom events being that they are obviously going to keep/improve the course?

Montana

Chimp
May 28, 2007
That step up barley looks possible, lol, can't see the lip tho?

Can't wait for some nore dual slalom races! Thats awsome, there needs to be bigger jumps and stuff tho. Now all I gotta do is buy an actual dual slalom bike instead of racing my DH rig lol

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005

btw, whered u see this info?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
nice dave! hopefully i will see you on sunday... cause i dont wana get my hard tail all muddy and have to buff it out lol

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Diablo is nukkiong futs - off the hook. This Platte-Whore even has a pass this year.

KOM? Holy smokes - the highest public profile event in gravity MTB; maybe next year we'll have televised USO?

wow

Go Diablo/Terralogic!

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I'm not a big DJ guy, but I rode that step-up today and it was fun as hell. I didnt clear the back end, but that front end launches you up like a rocket. Very fun.

Montana

Chimp
May 28, 2007
BTW hope u guys put a bigger lip on that 40ft gap jump after the sram berm. It needs a decent lip and then it would be super nice!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

:cheers: This is indeed AWESOME news for the mountain. Congrats to Shawn & the whole Diablo crew!!!

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
The San Luis Obispo course looks top notch; hope Diablo extends the DS course further up the hill and builds in some serious stuff!

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
that new step up got me good today.. cased the landing and ended up backwards half way down the first rock. Can't wait to hit it again (with more speed this time) because it is absolutly crazy.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
that new step up got me good today.. cased the landing and ended up backwards half way down the first rock. Can't wait to hit it again (with more speed this time) because it is absolutly crazy.
its ok, the other step up to the right that u hit out of those berms f*cked me up real nice. nose cased it, n well, u know the rest ;)