Quantcast

5 FOX's

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
sick. mine just showed up today at the office too hopefully ill have it soon.
Didnt you guys just get new boxxers awhile ago?

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
why do u need that many forks and shox?
hes to hardcore for just one so he has to get 5. lol dude hes on a team. or maybee hes got 5 dh bikes he wants to put them on.hmmmmmmmmm

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
you guys are so gonna get the rednecks freakin over all that primer...do not bring those things past the state of Maryland...you'll never see them again. Somebody in a Camaro will fight youfor them!
hey General Lee....please tell me you're going yo break out the paint on those things...

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
oh ****!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: i have been wating for 3 months ++ now.. still nothing... there is no stock in the reigoinal fox dealer here (the dealer covers malaysia and singapore and if you dont know where it is, get an atlas!!!)
whats the weight of the 223? :thumb:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
motomike said:
it was a two week wait last time I checked. Hey, doesn't that sound familiar? hmmmm.
it was supposed to be coming in two weeks the last time you checked, but still nothing... its really annoying, i got a race this weekend and i am still running on air front and back... :dead: the dhx was supposed to come a week ago but now they tell me fox sent them the wrong size... :mad: and for some reason there seems to be a shortage of springs too, even santa cruz cant get their hands on a 300 spring for me... and the last dhx which arrived at my lbs was with a 600 spring... and the rider needed a 400 one. :(
everything is really screwed up here...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I believe renton makes them (and go-ride has them). Fox has them too, but even cost is absurd for a spring. Also - the steel coil is REALLY tight to the frame on a 223. The Ti may not even fit.

Eno

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
dhkid said:
it was supposed to be coming in two weeks the last time you checked, but still nothing... its really annoying, i got a race this weekend and i am still running on air front and back... :dead: the dhx was supposed to come a week ago but now they tell me fox sent them the wrong size... :mad: and for some reason there seems to be a shortage of springs too, even santa cruz cant get their hands on a 300 spring for me... and the last dhx which arrived at my lbs was with a 600 spring... and the rider needed a 400 one. :(
everything is really screwed up here...
A few things...

1) There is no way a distributor can speed up the speed at which a container boat moves.

2) There has been 2 delays from Fox for the 36 and 40s because of the seal manufacturer screwing up the bladder seals. They have had to change seal manufacturers TWICE, with thousands of fork parts all ready in the warehouse taking up tons of space just waiting for this one part. Do you want a fork shipped out that actually doesn't work?

3) You need to order your rear shocks specifying springs, else the distributor will go with the common band of spring weights. I'd suggest ordering your springs from a supplier who stocks a large amount of springs like Mojo. Or get your springs custom wound. If you think a bit, stocking of springs is a Huge monetary problem with the many sizes and weights. Most asian customers demand things cheap and you can't expect a distributor to have a large spring stock when it has to function with low margins. Fyi, you are getting your Fox stuff at more than 50% cheaper than european retail pricing.

4) There's also always the option of bringing in your fork specially by courier if you're truly desperate and feeling rich. Just a note to keep things in perspective, though... The Indonesian national team has been waiting for their Fox parts quietly with narry a whine cause they know they'll get it as soon as possible and there's better things to do in the meantime!

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Eno said:
A few things...

1) There is no way a distributor can speed up the speed at which a container boat moves.

2) There has been 2 delays from Fox for the 36 and 40s because of the seal manufacturer screwing up the bladder seals. They have had to change seal manufacturers TWICE, with thousands of fork parts all ready in the warehouse taking up tons of space just waiting for this one part. Do you want a fork shipped out that actually doesn't work?

3) You need to order your rear shocks specifying springs, else the distributor will go with the common band of spring weights. I'd suggest ordering your springs from a supplier who stocks a large amount of springs like Mojo. Or get your springs custom wound. If you think a bit, stocking of springs is a Huge monetary problem with the many sizes and weights. Most asian customers demand things cheap and you can't expect a distributor to have a large spring stock when it has to function with low margins. Fyi, you are getting your Fox stuff at more than 50% cheaper than european retail pricing.

4) There's also always the option of bringing in your fork specially by courier if you're truly desperate and feeling rich. Just a note to keep things in perspective, though... The Indonesian national team has been waiting for their Fox parts quietly with narry a whine cause they know they'll get it as soon as possible and there's better things to do in the meantime!
are you from indon? where is the indon team getting their stuff from? singapore?

a few more things:
1)i know about the delay of the 40's

2)the dhx's which were ordered had the spring rate specified, the dealer in singapore just gave what they have.

3)i am not so whether its really cheaper, its 1400myr (malaysian ringgit) for a dhx 5.0, 5500myr for a 40 rc2, you do the math.

4) its not like i have stoped riding all together and i am just waiting for the fox stuff, but when i am currently riding bike with a fox float for the rear and a 02 psylo race in the front. that is giving me a big disadvantage in my riding.(compared to the indon team who already has top notch equipment. :rolleyes:)

i know bitching about all of it doesn't really help but its just really pisses me off when the dealer tell me its going to be coming in next week or something like that and its never really comes. :nuts:

Eno

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
dhkid said:
are you from indon? where is the indon team getting their stuff from? singapore?

a few more things:
1)i know about the delay of the 40's

2)the dhx's which were ordered had the spring rate specified, the dealer in singapore just gave what they have.

3)i am not so whether its really cheaper, its 1400myr (malaysian ringgit) for a dhx 5.0, 5500myr for a 40 rc2, you do the math.

4) its not like i have stoped riding all together and i am just waiting for the fox stuff, but when i am currently riding bike with a fox float for the rear and a 02 psylo race in the front. that is giving me a big disadvantage in my riding.(compared to the indon team who already has top notch equipment. :rolleyes:)

i know bitching about all of it doesn't really help but its just really pisses me off when the dealer tell me its going to be coming in next week or something like that and its never really comes. :nuts:
2) Did you get your shock from TWA? They didn't specify the spring rate. What they said they'd do was to take out a spring from an existing new bike and exchange it. Obviously didn't. Otherwise, it's the fault of your dealer not specifying the spring weight. I handle most fox orders in Kian Hong and we DO NOT ship a shock if we do not have the specified spring weights.

3) It's a fact. Fox pricing in Asia is about 50% off europe pricing. Meaning a whole lot less margin to play with keeping dead stock or lots of stock.

4) The Indonesian team waited Months! for their stuff. As a result, they get the first batch of stuff that gets in. They place their orders, and wait, with the understanding that we have no control over delays, only that we try to get it as fast as we can over regular interval cycles. They ride Scott bikes as well, so we have a very close working relationship with them. Btw, they swapped out all the 5ths on theirs bikes for DHXs and comments have been pretty positive.

Just go with what you have. You can still win on the stuff you're riding... And it'll make you a much faster rider once you switch over. i know a guy who races the Mega Avalanche on a bike with a Float rear shock and vanilla fork and he comes in at least top 20. He just finesses and floats over most stuff. Having a light bike can be a real advantage... Whatever the case, unless you're a pro or aiming to become one, having a blast is way more important.

Have fun riding. I heard there's a race just over this weekend? Certainly hope you'll be able to get your stuff by the next race.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea there was a race in kl over the weekend... i couldn't go coz of some transportation problems, but anyways, i wont need the fork and shox untill two months time when the next race is and in the mean time i got my a-levels coming up so no riding for me. and when the next shipment comes in, how many shox and forks will there be? and when do you think it will come in? just how long have the indon team been waiting for the forks?