Quantcast

55 rc2x?

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
I have a busted 06 66rc2x 170mm of travel (structural damage, new internals - bummer). If I also had a 08 55r with 160mm of travel could I swap the "r" internals out for the rc2x internals and make a sub 6 lb rc2x fork? I assume if everything else worked out the 55 chasis could handle the extra 10mm of extension.

I only wonder if it might be possible because both have 35mm stantions, thats the only reason I even remotely think there might be some slim chance that it might just work.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
I don't see why it would not work. ohh and a 06 RC2X with just one coil is sub 6lb so if you dumped one coil pack and put the carts in the 55 it would be really light.

DO IT!

Jan 12, 2008
Ive been planning on doing exactly that for a few months. Ive already got the 55 and Im looking for an RC2X for the right price. PM me if you want to sell yours.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
how much do you weigh?

Fork has been working great with just one coil. It's really opened up the small bump action on my 66, much smoother over trail chatter now. I ride lots of DH with it so the extra sag is a good thing. If I need it stiffer for I can just crank up the compression of add in some more air.

I did blow the seals a while back but seeing as I had done that twice before I pulled the 2nd coil I don't think it was related.