Quantcast

6/24 need as many riders as possible at SST

jgibb83

Chimp
Sep 29, 2008
All the city big wigs that have anything to do with the jail will be out at the Wednesday night worlds and possibly coming down to the flow park to see it's use.
It would be in all of our best intrest to get as may people to be there as possible to show that we use it a lot and dont want to see it go away.

Check the link below and tell a friend to bring his bike out to show support

http://www.indieseries.com/index.html

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
if you really want to make an impression.. I suggest everyone clean up all the garbage! i'll bring a couple bags out tomorrow and take some to my apartments dumbster

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
yeah, no doubt on the garbage. i was out there sunday morning and there was crap everywhere. how frickin hard is it to pack it out????? it reflects on all of us who ride there so stop being lazy asses and clean up after yourselves.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Honestly the jumps could get plowed. I mean yah that would suck but there is some great XC riding at seatac as well.

I have a few friends with family's that live in the area and would end up a block away from the jail. I will pass this info onto them and make sure they spread the word. Bikers need to show up but we need to have community support. West of the park is a HUGE population of people with children. Its NOT a good move.

Does anyone have any real time frame and place these city people will be? If someone can give me info I can rally some troops. I really think the community needs to know

jgibb83

Chimp
Sep 29, 2008
The Indie race site says 6:30.
I will email the Indie race people to see what the deal is they have with the park and city people.
I do all my riding at the flow park but I have plenty of friends that ride XC to.
I dont want to see any of it go.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
I just wonder if they will freak out seeing the flow park used. Gotta remember that a lot of these guys don't ride, could give them a bit of scare to be honest. Last thing we need is someone falling hard and getting hauled out while they are there.

Please do not take that as saying there should not be a strong showing. Do not take it as saying not to ride the flow park. Just ride safe! I hope alot of XC people come out too so that they see how many people use the entire area. I really hope word spreads through the neighborhood too so people come out in droves. Who would be stupid enough to put a JAIL (yes i know there is a fed pen up the hill) but a JAIL into a multi use park space and half a mile from an elementry and middle school

Oh and I hope to God its not the city of SeaTac

Geo100

Chimp
Jan 17, 2009
Longview WA
I will be there, with friends posible. Does anybody know when they open the gate for driving in for XC, only want to haul trash out to car without riding back to parking lot?
GEOhttp://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=98235&stc=1&d=1245339720

Attachments

Last edited:

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
All the city big wigs that have anything to do with the jail will be out at the Wednesday night worlds and possibly coming down to the flow park to see it's use.
It would be in all of our best intrest to get as may people to be there as possible to show that we use it a lot and dont want to see it go away.

Check the link below and tell a friend to bring his bike out to show support

http://www.indieseries.com/index.html
Good call Gibber! I'll pass the call to action along to the Dirt Corps

jgibb83

Chimp
Sep 29, 2008
It would be great from the city and park guys to walk down there and see 50 +people riding and having a good time.
I was at the bmx track doing gates on my 4x bike last night and I think some of them are going to come out just to support the cause.
If I read the link right 630 is when they wil be there so what time will they show at the flow park I have no idea.
I would think if people get there by 6 - 6:30 and ride for a couple hour session that would be good.

InvisibleMan

Chimp
Jan 14, 2009
I'll be there too. This whole process has been BS. They have not involved the people that use the park or even the people that live in the neighborhood next to it at all and they need to hear about it.