Quantcast

66 rc2 eta performance... X cartridge?

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Im about to purchase an '07 66 rc2 eta and it just occured to me that I might be bugged by performance loss due to the lack of a second compression cartridge that my 06 66 rc2x has enjoyed. I have very limited expereince with the eta cartridge but I imagine it would decrease the forks gnar potential when compared to an X equiped fork. Am I wrong in thinking this might be so? I happen to have an X cartridge around. So, if I hated the eta would the '06 X cartridge drop into the '07 chassis?

:cheers:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I just ordered a 07 66RC2 eta also.

Ive been told they feel almost exactly like a RC2X.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I've been on the 66 RC2 ETA for a couple of months now. It's a very nice fork and I'm really digging it. It feels pretty good in the rooty/baby head sections, obviously not as plush as my 888 but it was a big upgrade from the 36 Talas I was on.

Unfortuntely I haven't ridden on the RC2X to compare, but for me the ETA was well worth it since it is on my trail bike.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Yeah, I won mine on Ebay too. I paid $489 shipped, so I was pretty stoked. My only complaint so far has been that the stock springs are too light for my phat arse, but I guess that really isn't an issue is it =P.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I paid $525 plus free shipping from a online bike store. You can always find good deals at the end of the year.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
If you will use ETA at all, the fork kills climbs and descents. I had a 2006 RC2X and was pretty apathetic about the X cartridge. Rebound, compression, lockout, and preload are all I really need. :) I wouldn't trade my ETA for an X cartridge if you paid me. But hey, I'll listen to offers!