Quantcast

661 assault pressure suit??

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
Anyone checked one of them out in person or own one?looks a little cooler then the other jackets.if anyones seen them they haven't got the plastic spine?it says in the ad foam,i'm wondering how much protection they offer with that foam for your spine.they had them for 95$ somewhere online.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I have the 04 pressure suit and it rocks.
I went with it because it had the hard chest plates in it.
You can't see these in the pics, but they are nice.
However, the bicep pads on this suit are bulky as he11.
They feel a little weird at first, but I got used to them after I washed the suit a couple of times.
So far, I really like it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just got my full on pressure suit last night myself. I'll say that it has a boatload of protection. The mesh was WAY softer and breathable than I could have possibly imagined. It's really open and more like netting.

For the racer intent on staying healthy, it is perfect. I would have liked to get the step down from it that doesn't have the bicep pad, thumb loop and plastic chest pad insert but I absolutely insist on having that chest plate (broken a rib before and am only getting older).

But the fit and design is great and I wish they made a pant similar to the current Dainese lowers. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Absolutely reccomend it.

...now if they would just make the pads white so I wouldn't feel like a giant solar panel in it.

:D

In other words, I'd suggest getting the assault if you like it. It will be very nice if put together anywhere near as good as the pressure suit

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Hi,

I have the Pressure suit and my son has the Assault, besides the extra elbow and forearm pads , the Pressure suit also has stiffer and better protection for the spine and chest.
However one thing I did not like about the Pressure suit is that the elbow pads never felt comfortable and were next to impossible to keep from twisting on my arms etc.

I simply cut off the lower arm portion above the elbow and I now use my Roach elbow pads with the modified Pressure suit and it fits great.

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
I have the '03 and love it. It has saved my bacon more than once. I remember my last bad crash (Fractured 2 meticarples and broke one) I was flying though the air thinking.... Hope my pressure suit works, crap I'm going to scuff up my new riding shoes, and OMG! hope my bikes gonna be ok landing on these jagged rocks. Seemed like 5 minutes later... WHAM hit the ground/rocks then saw sky, dirt, sky, dirt, sky...my breath somehow jumped outta my chest, just as my bike landed on my back, and knocked out any wind that was left over.

I sat there for a minute, making sure everything was still attached. Did the old wiggle everything until you hear a crunchy grinding noise. Yep hand is broken, but everything else is in working order. Ran to my bike...yep she's ok too. Rode the rest of the way down with a funng grinding/crunching noise comming from my hand.

Does the pressure suit work? Yep! ;)