Quantcast

661 Kyle Strait Knee Gaurd

HH310

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
How durable is the fabric covering the plactic knee shell?? I ride East Coast DH with plenty of rocks. Are they going to get shredded from falls in rock gardens??

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
I've had mine for over two years, they are nearing the end of their lives but the durability hasn't been an issue at all. I also live in a land of nasty rock gardens here in Nevada and they've survived many a fall. I will replace them at some point this year, but that is due more to stretching and smell than anything. They will stretch so size accordingly.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
Mine have held up quite well on this season's GES... think I have landed on them atleast once in practice at each race.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Front's fine, but the sides fall apart easily. Won't last more than a season/year (at least for me). I like the TLD Bones a lot better (last longer, but less comfortable).

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Tomcats are no more durable than the Straits on the knee area and offer less protection on the sides.

TLD t-bone knee cup is covered in Cordura... which would be an awesome revision that 661 should add to their pads.

661 are single-season pads and can easily be destroyed in one crash if you slide a while on the rocks.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
My kyle straits have lasted me 2 seasons now, full of crashes and rocks (SLO Cal) and now a half season at northstar. If you take care of them (don't juet leave them in the back of the truck) they won't fall apart. Everyone I ride with has them too and theirs are all still going strong.