Quantcast

7/10-11 Squilchucker DH Roll Call/bitch fest :o)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey everyone!

How about that infamous Wenatchee venue we all like to talk about?

Picnic tables....

Spools of Death....

Finish line curb...err I mean jump. :)

Who is going?!

I am, most likely.

PS- Looks like online registration is up so this is the time to save $10 off that entry fee to put towards a beer or 12 depending on how yuppie you are about your beer. ;)

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
I heard a nasty rumor about the Forrest Service not allowing DH racing on the upper woods section. If this is the case, then I will not go. If it is in fact a rumor, then I will be there. I think it will be a good little warm up for ID.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
toughguymagee said:
I heard a nasty rumor about the Forrest Service not allowing DH racing on the upper woods section. If this is the case, then I will not go. If it is in fact a rumor, then I will be there. I think it will be a good little warm up for ID.
Sould we just contact Wendy to find out the status of the rumor?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
I am going....don't know if the husband is...he may be on call that weekend. Count me in though! Hopefully the course isn't as crappy as everyone has made it sound....what is the spool? :confused:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Sould we just contact Wendy to find out the status of the rumor?
No not yet, that makes to much sense. We need time to get all worked up, get everybody complaining. Jeez if we call and get a strait answer up front we can't complain and might have to go ride for something to do.
:evil:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MUTOLI said:
I am going....don't know if the husband is...he may be on call that weekend. Count me in though! Hopefully the course isn't as crappy as everyone has made it sound....what is the spool? :confused:
Kinda like a spool you would find in a batchelor's apt as a coffee table. :D One used to hold line/cable/etc.

There is a spool they turn on its side (so it can rool) and bury it in the ground and put a board as wide as the inside of the spool to launch off of. :) I enjoy it when it isn't like hitting a wall (to steep) like last year. The year before they buried it lower and the angle was more resonable. It is usually down after the parking lot. twoards teh bottom before the last bit of woods.

Rhino

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
No not yet, that makes to much sense. We need time to get all worked up, get everybody complaining. Jeez if we call and get a strait answer up front we can't complain and might have to go ride for something to do.
:evil:
I think I'll send her an email today and see the deal is.....Hrm I wonder why they would close the top? Fire danger? Spotted owl sighting?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Im so there.

Rumors? What are those? It would be nice to get a scoop. I'd ask the forum, but last time i asked about the the status of a WIM trail it turned into a shouting match and dont care to have another one start. See if wendy will answer you...... ill be there regardless of what the course is like.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Im so there.

Rumors? What are those? It would be nice to get a scoop. I'd ask the forum, but last time i asked about the the status of a WIM trail it turned into a shouting match and dont care to have another one start. See if wendy will answer you...... ill be there regardless of what the course is like.
I sent the email....I'll let you know when she replies.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
oly said:
Just imagine how early we will get home if they dont run the top.....
Hhhmmmm...........shuttles are quick there...........last year was a 2 run format............maybe with no top section we can have a three run format........just as long as there are picnic tables on the course.........
:cool:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
We are using the exact same courses as last year....the forest service will only allow that....they will not allow new anything this year. So, fear not about the upper section of the downhill!

Wendy Bailey (Zupan)

Round & Round Productions
418 E Pacific
Spokane, WA 99202
509-455-7657
www.roundandround.com

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Snacks said:
We are using the exact same courses as last year....the forest service will only allow that....they will not allow new anything this year. So, fear not about the upper section of the downhill!

Wendy Bailey (Zupan)

418 E Pacific
Spokane, WA 99202
509-455-7657
www.roundandround.com
Ahaaaaaaa...........you scooped me Snacks! I always knew you were faster than me. :D Damn editing.....making a whole new post.....lol

:thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:

Wendy Bailey (Zupan)

418 E Pacific
Spokane, WA 99202
509-455-7657
www.roundandround.com
Thanks snacks. Now ask if they are going to have more than 1 functional shuttle truck, and if they are gonna build a real finish line jump.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Thanks snacks. Now ask if they are going to have more than 1 functional shuttle truck, and if they are gonna build a real finish line jump.....
Last year I shuttled the guys up to the top in our truck. Gino said it was okay as long as the trucks full :thumb:

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I'll be there for sure. You know I was just thinking about the course and i decided that this year they should make the feild into the "picnic table section" after the first picnic table jump they could put another one with like 4 tables but take the middle two out so it would be like a 25' picnic table gap. Then as long as we are on the subject they could put some more picnic table together and make a rock garden on top. Then they could put some picnic tables with cinderblocks under one side somewhere and make a picnic table berm. All of those should be forest service legit and besides seeming like some sort of observed trials course they would actualy be pretty darn fun. Lets here some more do-able picnic table ideas.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Thanks Snacks, for posting the update on the course... i heard last night, through Rocky, that the FS was going to let us use the Upper section since the race was already on the calendar and that there really wasn't any time to come up with a new option.

However, next year will be interesting as it's not looking like we'll get to use the east side of the park (side that lodge and upper section of the DH course is on). I know Rocky and several other local riders are working with the FS (or shall i say, TRYING to work with the FS) to come up with some viable options for a new course.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
I will see depending on wheather we get something to replace our van or not, we might get a truck :) and that would be dope... It all depends on what is happening I guess :rolleyes:

Also is that course as dusty as Chellan? If so I will bring a dust mask this time around :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
How have you guys been sicne the accident? Everything ok? Any luck finding the tool who did it?

Course is dusty. I dont think quite as bad as chelan, but since its hot and dry i'd be prepared.