Quantcast

7 Inches...Hard to find...HELP !?!?

Oct 14, 2007
I was looking for a 7 inch rear travel frame...it seems like there are so few..im looking to use it for dh..hopefully the frame might weight around 11 pounds...the main one in mind is the nicolai ufo...any suggestions?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
What kind of geo?? How much $$

7+
IH 7 point
Turner Highline
Demo 7
ventana La bruja
Foes inferno
kona stinky
bullet

7-
nomad
intense 6.6
transition dirtbag

off the top of my head

as per your edit......
Highline, or
demo 7

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
D7, Highline like the others said. I think the Foes Fly would fit the bill too, as long as they are offering the 7-8 adjustability on the new frame again.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
One word for ya...Commencal!

Right now I ride an M3 but plan on going to either an M6. Probably a Commencal though cuz 7in of travel is all you really need. Also, they're light and super strong frames!

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Get a Bullit. Not expensive & will not break.
It will let you do anything you can give it. Versitile for FR/DH/Trail..
I saw a red medium Bullit for sale in classifieds so there you go .
I would buy that one too to have two Bullit's & use that one for FR jumping with a lighter build,but i'm pretty dam broke.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
One word for ya...Commencal!

Right now I ride an M3 but plan on going to either an M6. Probably a Commencal though cuz 7in of travel is all you really need. Also, they're light and super strong frames!
another vote for the supreme dh. one of the few 7in full on dh bikes. the rest are mainly fr bikes.

BTI has commencal now and I think that might be what I go with next year. I havent found too much on here about them but what I have has been positive. Anyone who actually own's one or knows what they are talking about care shed any light. Is there any difference in the frame on the complete supreme and just the frame kit because the complete isn't that much more(at cost)or is it just because it has some cheaper parts?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
BTI has commencal now and I think that might be what I go with next year. I havent found too much on here about them but what I have has been positive. Anyone who actually own's one or knows what they are talking about care shed any light. Is there any difference in the frame on the complete supreme and just the frame kit because the complete isn't that much more(at cost)or is it just because it has some cheaper parts?
i have one, the only difference between any of the supremes is the rear shox they have on an the paint job., the frame it self is the same.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Why do you need 7 inchs, you could a frame with more travel thats much much lighter, like a socom or vp free
coz its not always about the weight, a bike will less travel will generally feel more livelier then a bike with more travel.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
UFO ST
UFO ST
UFO ST
UFO ST

ooohhh, sorry! Yeah there are a lot of these frames out there :)
Hit me up son, I might be able to hook you up with a UFO ST!!

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
you have an UFO for sAle?
Sorry to be off topic. I have not formally set it for sale. If it could find a good home though I would be willing to discuss:)

Anyway, back on topic:
Knolly delerium (use a bigger shock to achieve 7")
Yeti asx
Turner HL with a shorter shock=7.2"s: VERY nice rig!

These are just a few off the top of my head. Will think of more later.

Booner

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm gonna say it again...Commencal.

My M3 is a GREAT bike but the Commencal is just plain better! They're expensive but well worth it. To be honest with you, at first I didn't like them but they've grown on me. The only thing keeping me from getting one for this comming season is a lack of money.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Yeah but if the frame is an extra 2 1/2 lbs it will feel heavy.
we obviously have different point of views, i am not saying that 2 1/2 lbs isn't going to make a difference, but i feel that a livelier suspension will make a bigger difference. a v10 and a supreme dh are with in 1lbs of each other, maybe less. but the v10 wont be able to pop off stuff and pump stuff as well as a supreme.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I was looking for a 7 inch rear travel frame...it seems like there are so few..im looking to use it for dh..hopefully the frame might weight around 11 pounds...the main one in mind is the nicolai ufo...any suggestions?
Well,having 7" between your legs is sufficient! But one more inch could mean better performance !:biggrin:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
My Gambler set up at 190mm or 7.4in. You can also run it at 210 or 230mm of rear travel. I mostly ride it in 190 and is stuff gets rough I go up to 210. I agree with the "lively" argument.

close up of rear swinglink travel adjust.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I know someone selling a pristine Gemini DH 7" bike...with a 7" 888...