Quantcast

74-year-old takes 5th place Mens 30+ Super D series!

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
HA! I remember this guy. Raced with him several times. We would all gather at the top of the hill before Super D races and he would inevitably walk right past me as if I weren't even there, making a b-line for the girl with the largest rack and start talking to her. I was never so glad to be so... ahem, small. :D Donna was a frequent target, and I'd just smile and nod at her as she pleaded with her eyes for someone to come rescue her.

Well, good on Frenchy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
HA! I remember this guy. Raced with him several times. We would all gather at the top of the hill before Super D races and he would inevitably walk right past me as if I weren't even there, making a b-line for the girl with the largest rack and start talking to her. I was never so glad to be so... ahem, small. :D Donna was a frequent target, and I'd just smile and nod at her as she pleaded with her eyes for someone to come rescue her.

Well, good on Frenchy.
LOL! Clearly he's got spunk!!! I love it!!! :thumb:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
So who would win in a race, Kranky Karl or this guy?
I think they might have been separated at birth, actually Karl's older. Alright that's a lie, but, kidding aside maybe they really are brothers and Karl was kidnapped by the Germans on their way through France in WWII.....This is a possibility!

If the course is technical, I'm giving it to Karl as long as you can't get thrown out for swearing.

Jun 12, 2007
Southborough, MA
I think they might have been separated at birth, actually Karl's older. Alright that's a lie, but, kidding aside maybe they really are brothers and Karl was kidnapped by the Germans on their way through France in WWII.....This is a possibility!

If the course is technical, I'm giving it to Karl as long as you can't get thrown out for swearing.
What the ......this guy is still racing? I used to line up with him and his bud at the Mt Snow Nationals NORBA XC race.....couldn't believe a guy in his 60's was still racing XC. He had also raced the DH course. I think I saw a pic of him on the DH course. Lost track of the XC results, but there was no way I was going to let this guy to beat me.

What a hot ****. I'm sure he can still ride the honies all night. Wonder if he rides Bromont. Lots of inspiration there if you get my drift.

Krank

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I'm sorry, but this guy pisses me off at the races. He wonders onto the DH course during the races. I'm seen him do this multiple times. I even had to tell him to stay off the Snowmass course this year, he was about to duck the rope and start riding down it, during the CAT 1 race. At CB he was trying to ride UP the DH course during the race last year. The announcer was yelling at him. I've seen him take down tape and wrap it around himself to be funny.

*Its cool he's 74 and riding. I hope I can ride at that age and I respect him for that. However, regardless of age, he is constantly a safety hazard. So sorry Frenchy, but stay off the f$#king DH course during the race.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
There was an older senior rider I met at Mt Snow once in 2003. He was riding a Foes DH bike by himself and he seemed kinda lost. I helped set him the right direction but it was kinda odd.

splat

Nam I am
What the ......this guy is still racing? I used to line up with him and his bud at the Mt Snow Nationals NORBA XC race.....couldn't believe a guy in his 60's was still racing XC. He had also raced the DH course. I think I saw a pic of him on the DH course. Lost track of the XC results, but there was no way I was going to let this guy to beat me.

What a hot ****. I'm sure he can still ride the honies all night. Wonder if he rides Bromont. Lots of inspiration there if you get my drift.

Krank
But the question is did you kick his ass in the AARP race ? ( the one to see who can get to the Nursing home and get the Creamed corn the fastest. )

Jun 12, 2007
Southborough, MA
But the question is did you kick his ass in the AARP race ? ( the one to see who can get to the Nursing home and get the Creamed corn the fastest. )
When are you going to stop riding sissy bikes and join us on hucks and DH?
s#it, I'll be his age before I see you do your first 2 or 3 footer....ya got 9 years to practice.......punk. But you do take great pics.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I remember this guy, MBA actually did a small write up on him a few years back. the more important thing that no one has mention is that he beat out Greg Herbold who wound up in 12th...