Quantcast

8==Monday GMT==D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Waiting for condition report at the DH resort to see how many trails are closed, I guess it rained yesterday. Stupid clay soil.

My right knee is pretty sore today. Bashed it hard off of the top tube yesterday after a rock decided to eject itself into orbit from under my tires.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Off to work with the usual short trail ride after, yesterday I took and hard tail and had much fun. If I make it out tomorrow it will be 9 rides in 7 days. Loves me some summer. :)

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Back to work after another fun filled Monkeyfest in Vermont. Many beers were consumed and many trails were rode. I am le tired.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode no bikes all weekend. I did pick 7 quarts of wild blueberries with my girls and cleaned up some trails that needed a haircut. Will reap the rewards of my trail work after work tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
DH is open. Wooooooooo. Hoping it's not wet, because I have almost no tread on my rear tire. :busted:

Have a good one today fellas.

Last edited:
Almost everything from M'fest weekend has been cleaned up, washed, stowed, whatever. It's raining this morning, so I washed the van and the trailer.

Setting up to install a 125 V 30 A outlet on the garage, which will require disturbing Hilarie's pile of fossilized Good Stuff along the wall....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Put the finishing touches on this bad boy over the weekend
IMG_1747.JPG

Before/After to show the magnitude of clusterfucking someone had engaged in. Every sprinkler head had its own solenoid and the beast was controlled with 3, 9 zone controllers. Now I'm down to a single 9 zone controller and still retained coverage for the entire yard.

Got it all wired, functioning, and hauled in over a ton of dirt and gravel to get the hole filled in. Another project off the list. Per our prior agreement, all other home maintenance done from here forward will be on an as needed basis. I shall instead fill my time with ride ride ride.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin!

Put the finishing touches on this bad boy over the weekend
View attachment 123004
Before/After to show the magnitude of clusterfucking someone had engaged in. Every sprinkler head had its own solenoid and the beast was controlled with 3, 9 zone controllers. Now I'm down to a single 9 zone controller and still retained coverage for the entire yard.

Got it all wired, functioning, and hauled in over a ton of dirt and gravel to get the hole filled in. Another project off the list. Per our prior agreement, all other home maintenance done from here forward will be on an as needed basis. I shall instead fill my time with ride ride ride.
Want to come do mine?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. At least today is my Thursday. Wifey is having surgery Wednesday, so I'm at home on care service. I can take advantage of the time off to work on study, as my test is in 15 days. Getting a bit nervous as to whether I have studied enough.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Relaxing at home, waiting for a HVAC contractor to come for a ductless mini split quote. I just have to make it in by noon for a section meeting.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

This weekend was glorious. Camped out along the Deschutes and the wife's cousin ran float shuttles Saturday and Sunday. Very relaxing and after looking at the pics that @Uncle Cliffy posted from the Bachelor Bike Park, I now have a new destination.

Dropped the car of this morning, new clutch "should" be done by end of day Tuesday. It was making all sorts of noises and vibrations on the way to the shop. :panic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My lawn is brown and shall remain that way, haven't bothered even learning how the sprinkler system works.

After riding bikes all weekend, here's hoping this week goes quickly so the all day riding can resume again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also, my wife's only remaining grandparent passed away yesterday. His last words to me, albeit several months ago, were "I still know how to use a rifle and was pretty accurate with it, treat my granddaughter right." Fitting parting words I'd say.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
One would think that just watching videos would teach this skill.

I commend those who don't get this joke for the purity of their minds.
On the plus side going to that school will negate the need to find places to eat around town. His mouth should be pretty worked already.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yeah, I simply can't imagine what constitutes the second day. I guess there is 1/2 a day of legal mumbo jumbo.
"What to do if there is a JAM!"
"What to do if a meth tweaker steals your ATM!"

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh yes. Unlike last time when we got fly-byes for almost everything, we are actually replacing a significant number of flight control surfaces and a goodly portion of engines cowls.
i'm surprised. now that it's dimpled like a golf ball i'm surprised it's not just called a feature

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My fancy dorklogger watch is telling me to Move! but I refuse, having biked to work just before noon with an average of 137 bpm.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a great day of DH.

It started to rain JUST as I got to the hill. Normally they shut every down due to the clay, as the trails become stupid slippery, but only a few were closed. Ended up being the perfect amount of rain, hero dirt for daysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....with maybe one or two slippery spots.

Highlight of the day was my first big "crash" in about two years. I ate shit 40 feet into a trail on this nice shale rock section. I'm not sure how, but I didn't get a single cut, nothing broken etc etc. Just a scrape on my shoulder. The bike landed on top of me and the seat ended up in my pocket. The best part was there was a big family there watching with an instructor while on a bike lesson.........Instructor yelled "you okay?!", to which I replied "yep.....", while laying on the ground. I could here him telling the kids, that's how you DON'T go through the rocks. :rofl::rofl:

Shower, beer, bong shed and then left over pizza time. Hoping for a good night of sleep.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The best part was there was a big family there watching with an instructor while on a bike lesson.........Instructor yelled "you okay?!", to which I replied "yep.....", while laying on the ground. I could here him telling the kids, that's how you DON'T go through the rocks. :rofl::rofl:
Okay kids - Raise you hand if you've had this happen.