Quantcast

888 Stanchion Guards?

Heckled

Chimp
Feb 1, 2006
Who make's them? Are they any good? I've put a few scratches and chips in the stanchions of my 888's and don't want anymore!:nopity: It makes me want an inverted fork again, as rocks just seem to attract to the uppers of my forks whenever I come unstuck.

I've seen the Core Rat ones but ain't to keen on em - it looks like I could make something similar with a bit of innertube and some zip ties...

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I think I saw a pic of a blue Santa Cruz (v-10 or vp-free) where the owner had made a set out of pvc pipe split lengthwise. MTBR, maybe? Try a search there.

toby

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I ran a pair of the core rat guards for about a year. They are hard plastic which are then zip tied to the lowers. The guards worked fine. However, I did have to do a fair amount of heating and bending to get the close fit I was looking for. Search through the Underwear gallery in the Socal forum and you'll find some pics of them.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
The Corerat's are worth looking in to. I had a set on my boxxer and while they are not attractive they are made of tough pvc, and the bottom line is they work pretty well. They are black as well, so it at least matches the fork.

Heckled

Chimp
Feb 1, 2006
I didn't realise that the core rats were plastic, they look like thin rubber on the website - sounds a lot better now.

Does anyone know of a european source? After last weekends crash I'm getting protective over the steed...

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Heckled said:
I didn't realise that the core rats were plastic, they look like thin rubber on the website - sounds a lot better now.

QUOTE]

Yeah, the pics on the website make it difficult to tell what they are made out of. The guards are about 3-4mms thick, so they will take a lot of abuse. They have saved my stanchions from a few crashes.