Quantcast

888R lower crown... I need one

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Anyone have a 888R lower crown they'll sell me? I cracked the steerer today and need one.

If not, anyone have experience with the Risse flat crowns?

thanks

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Yea sure, here it is:

The story is in the tech talk... basically it was too short so I got an extension welded on, which removed the heat treatment from the metal and that's why it cracked so easily. Lesson learned!

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Pm me if interested, im not sure of the steerer length but I also have a direct mount stem

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Nice, good pic by the way. You know you could always just have a new steerer pressed in as well.
Yea I contacted Marzocchi and a new steerer pressed in is $75 plus shipping both ways, a new lower crown with steerer is $110. Back in the day I've had people offer them to me for $15-$20 so hopefully that option is still available :)

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Bump.

Unfortunately the two available had steerers too short, so I'm still looking if anyone has one for sale. The steerer needs to be 7.75" from the lower bearing race to the top of the tube.

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
I have one, but it has a steel steer tube so it's a little heavier. 9" long though. Make me an offer. I have the upper crown too, would like to get rid of both if possible. It's off a 2004 also. 35mm legs.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Steel steerer tube? Did it come like that from the factory or is it a custom job? How thick is it compared to the aluminum counterpart?

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Steel steerer tube? Did it come like that from the factory or is it a custom job? How thick is it compared to the aluminum counterpart?
It came like that. The steel steertube is usually thinner then alum if I'm not mistaken, different properties as a metal.