Quantcast

888RC2x Vs. Fox 40rc2 Vs. Boxxer World Cup

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Adam Novatt said:
and well this air triple boxxer is a new idea that has only been tested for maybe 2 years.
Oh yeah, and how long has the 888 been tested for? A little more, but not that long. You should look at the new BoXXer Team, it's more proven in that it's coil. Plus it's cheap.

Nov 9, 2005
is the boxxer world cup really going to be pushed because then it would be incredibly plush and dialed in to me which would be cool

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
SBDownhillRacer said:
is the boxxer world cup really going to be pushed because then it would be incredibly plush and dialed in to me which would be cool
Where did you get that idea? I would just get a boxxer team and be done with it.

Nov 9, 2005
Darren at PUSH has told me that you can expect the Factory Race System for BoXXer to Come out in early (First Quarter) '06 along with new PUSH crowns for BoXXer. They are working hard to get everything ready to start custom tuning forks. Darren is one smart guy and knows suspension like very few do.

bpatterson6 said that and so i was wondering if it was true or not

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You made it sound like it's coming pre-PUSHed, rather than asking if the service is available. It was kind of confusing.

TomBo

Monkey
Jan 13, 2004
Calgary,Alberta
Yo I cracked a 40ie lowwer, but it was from a crash (it was my friends fork :-). Fox sent a new one. I just picked up 40, I like the feel and my LBS was Blowing it out. Most of the local racers around here are getting the World Cup... I have felt some very nice 888s. I would run any of the three (maby not the 888, its a tad high).

Just make sure you support your LBS!!!

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
as far as freeriding on the 40 goes, it isn't a dedicated FR fork. However, remember how Strait did on it at the rampage. I rode looked at his bike briefly, and picked up and pressed down on the fork. It was no heavier, and only a bit stiffer than mine, and looked completely stock. Also, remember that freeriding isn't always hucking to flat. Think about this... Gee Atherton got second on a monocoque frame with a boxxer, not generally your freeride bike of choice. And he is a DH racer, not a freerider. I think anything DH specific can be jumped as well if not better than FR specific equipment, just as long as your idea of jumping isn't 10+ foot drops to flat concrete.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
SBDHrida said:
as far as freeriding on the 40 goes, it isn't a dedicated FR fork. However, remember how Strait did on it at the rampage. I rode looked at his bike briefly, and picked up and pressed down on the fork. It was no heavier, and only a bit stiffer than mine, and looked completely stock. Also, remember that freeriding isn't always hucking to flat. Think about this... Gee Atherton got second on a monocoque frame with a boxxer, not generally your freeride bike of choice. And he is a DH racer, not a freerider. I think anything DH specific can be jumped as well if not better than FR specific equipment, just as long as your idea of jumping isn't 10+ foot drops to flat concrete.

agreed

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
SBDownhillRacer said:
Darren at PUSH has told me that you can expect the Factory Race System for BoXXer to Come out in early (First Quarter) '06 along with new PUSH crowns for BoXXer. They are working hard to get everything ready to start custom tuning forks. Darren is one smart guy and knows suspension like very few do.

bpatterson6 said that and so i was wondering if it was true or not
Hey,
If you don't believe me, give them a call and ask Darren yourself.
I have developed a relationship with the Guys at PUSH since they have moved to Loveland, Colorado and I live in the Denver Metro Area. It's nice being able to drive North for 45 Minutes to drop off my Shock and have them work on it and then be able to drive back up and get it again without having to deal with UPS.

PUSH also has the Factory Race System for Fox DHX Coming out as well. Darren said that it will probly cost as much as the shock cost new to get it Tuned. Darren said they have had some problems with getting the parts for the factory race system made but They are working hard to get things Manufactured for said systems and should be ready for a first quarter release.

I have a 2004 BoXXer World Cup Fork That I want to get PUSHed and I want to get my DHX Custom Tuned as Well. So, I'm Anxiously awaiting both of these Factory Race Systems to be released so I can get both my Fork and Shock PUSHed.

These Systems should be so sick.
PUSH is the Junk.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im just curious as to why you didn't include the Ti Avy in your choices? Its a little heavier (.75 lb) but about the same price($1495).

Nov 9, 2005
im still up in the air on frames and i dont know why i didnt but the avy there is it a strong fork and good all around i havent seen to many out there so i dont know how the reliability and service would be

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
zmtber said:
i heard that you have to constantly replace these cartridges is that true
i sent one back after over a very hard year of riding, had it freshend up. got it back in a little over 1 week.

Nov 9, 2005
the avy seems like a great fork by the inverted suspension design how smooth is it and how big of drops and jumps can it take

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
dude im not trying to be mean, but the avys are so nice. I tryed adrien's it is heavy but one of the nicest feeling forkes out.

There's no doubt, the Avy is a great fork. I see a lot of them in the NE. For me it is too much of a fork. I don't care for the inverted design.
I don't huck stuff, just race. Like I said I can tune a Boxxer myself for cost of the parts.
For Racing I'd go w/ the Fox or Boxxer. For freeriding, hucking, the Avy or a White Bros.

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
Im building up or buying...and swaping some parts out... but i'm having the same problem. I dont know what fork to buy. the boxxer is crazy light, but im afraid of breaking it. the fox is just so sick, but i hear it dents easily and im afraid of the breakign archs. And the 888 looks pimp, has a sweet ride, but is a lil high and heavy. so, i have no clue. I think im gunna have to spend time on each fork and see...

It's gunna be a DH race and FR bike, so....

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah if you want to spend 200 more on your 1200 fork, then i would just get a forty.... buy the way i heard the new boxxer is awsome, even thow the world cup is pure air people say it can handle alot. Plus hasn't blackbox been testing it out for a long time now, and fixed all the bugs?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
OK I think your best option would be a Boxxer WC. It's light and it's been race tested for 2 years. If your username says anything a Boxxer would be almost a no brainer, especially because it's not bad in terms of price.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i think it is slightley over priced for what it is it should be closer to the 888 price, not the 40

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Umm, for a dual air lightweight super adjustable fork with Maxle and Motion Control I don't think it's a bad price at all.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
SBDownhillRacer said:
go-ride has lowrider crowns and switch crowns for the 888 which would lower it

yeah but isn't hte fork shorter this year anyways

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
I don't know if you mentioned anything about your weight, might not be an issue for you but some of the forks - Avy ti and fox may not be the best choice if you are heavy(like over 185)..888 is my pic, boxxer maybe, if I try and like.In the search there is tons of threads like this one.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Trevor The Air Does Not Quiet Work Like Compretion, And I Believe Thier Is Still A Chance That You Can Blow Out The Fork If You Are Really Hucking, Or You Puncture The Stanchion. I Would Check Out The Warrenty From Them. The Trails In Sb Are Rocky And If The Fork From A Crash Is Punctured Then You Might Have A Prob With The Air Chamber. I Think This Is True Anyways.