Quantcast

^_^Tuesday GMT^_^

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Seat covers finally came yesterday. Fuckers sent the wrong front AND rear seat covers. Fronts were for bucket seats with no headrests, rear was for a 60/40 split bench for a 4dr.

Almost lost my shit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Seat covers finally came yesterday. Fuckers sent the wrong front AND rear seat covers. Fronts were for bucket seats with no headrests, rear was for a 60/40 split bench for a 4dr.

Almost lost my shit.
uhhh....it's a jeep...it's supposed to get trashed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Insurance cut me a check yesterday. Now it's bicycle time! Pedals came in last night but I best get to riding. Only a month more to prepare for Monarch Crest.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Heat wave is coming :panic:
I am currently averaging 60-70 miles per week but the days are already getting shorter and there's less time for riding after work. :disgust:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Another SB5. Still convinced that it is the best bike I have ridden in a LONG time.
That bike is so sexy, but I am too old or just too cheap to drop $6500 on a new bike. Especially now that I have Ohio's Redshift SM down to about $6k (after many rebates and selling the current moto). I do need a new trail bike. I will likely never get rid of the RM7 just because RM7. But @41lbs, the rides are limited. :panic:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Back from Seattle. No more flying. As of now I'm not planning on flying back at Christmas break time. 3 year old is a sweet girl most of the time but a devil some others, and she certainly was a pain in the ass on the flight.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So... back from my road bike spin where I averaged 14.1 MPH because of fuggin Pokemon... bitches EVERYWHERE with their eyes glued to their phones. WTF people? At least they were outside, I saw more people in the city park today than I ever have before.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got some quality time in the woods this evening. Pedaled up to a trouble spot and cut a fallen tree that was 8-10"dia. and at chest height. Had to cut it once to get it on the ground then again to roll it off trail. Got a freakin workout on that one. Then cut a few smaller trees and brush on the way back to the car. Switched to a lighter pack sans saw and rode a full lap.

Feeling a whole lot less stressed and depressed. This riding once a week is nonsense. Time to get back to 4 or 5 days per week.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode greenway w/6yo-7 miles out to get to ice cream place. my bike promptly flatted the second we turned around to come home. 7 miles of riding a rear flat. legs are le tired. 6yo killed it though. def his farthest ride, plus it was 92*

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
rode greenway w/6yo-7 miles out to get to ice cream place. my bike promptly flatted the second we turned around to come home. 7 miles of riding a rear flat. legs are le tired. 6yo killed it though. def his farthest ride, plus it was 92*
Road bike? I used to keep a saddle bag with a spare tube and cartridge pump on every bike. Since I switched tires on the road bike to Schalwbe Marathon Plus I haven't had a flat in well over 1000 miles. They are a heavy spin but I don't care, time saved fixing flats more than makes up for it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
nope. the uzzi. didn't carry a pack since it was a greenway ride.

just removed tire, cleaned dried sealant off the bead, and reset it. can't figure out why it was losing air. no obvious punctures, etc. dropped wheel on my big toe in the process. beer to the rescue, please!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Back from first rehearsal of the short summer concert season. Didn't die so that's a plus. Also an unexpected plus is that apparently I earned a few hundred $$ in honoraria from playing for them this past year + this summer. I will donate it all to them since it's the right thing to do and makes lots of financial sense what with being tax deductible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My old boss of 5 weeks got promoted on. Today I met my new boss who gave me an even more obscure set of objectives. All in all I have little to no expectations or fucking anything to do over the next month or two. It is nice being stress free but I fucking hate being bored. Slowly identifying the other mountain bikers on site, need to cherry pick projects to work with them.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They appear to be gunning for the dentist market, MSRPs are sky high to drive perceived value before taking large discounts to drive volume. I did not see a lot of value for the money on their website.
Hmm, the MSRP's are a but crazy, but there was one on sale at Performance that had me interested.

• Lycan M:1470 Long Travel Hydroformed alloy front and rear triangle
  • RockShox Revelation 27.5" fork gives you 160mm of travel
  • RockShox Monarch shock with remote lockout
  • Shimano Deore 3x10 group for smooth, crisp shifting
  • Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes for powerful, dependable braking
  • Premium finishing kit includes Ritchey cockpit, dropper post, Selle Italia saddle, and DT Swiss wheels
Seemed legit for $2500. I need to ride a 27.5, it seems weird to me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last edited: