Quantcast

a cold beer (and a new lens)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just got my almost-new Sigma 30mm f/1.4 in the mail today, and took a couple of test photos to make sure it was operating ok. the shallow DOF is a treat, w/ creamy bokeh on the side. yeah, i'm turning into a photo geek.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nice.

I should be receiving a sigma 18-50mm wide angle in the mail by weds/thurs. one of two or three lenses I didn't get out bid on.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
that lens is supposed to be a keeper, real nice.

i was looking for a fast, wider prime for concert shots...hopefully this fits the bill to a T.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've always liked the bokeh of that lens.

That, and the Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Di macro... :drool:

Let us know how it performs for you.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
SkaredShtles said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I drank part of a Corona when I was in Ohio at my inlaws. I couldn't finish it though. I made a valiant effort, however.
Are you ok? Are there any ill effects? I will rush a Dogfish Head if you are in critical condition.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
SkaredShtles said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I drank part of a Corona when I was in Ohio at my inlaws. I couldn't finish it though. I made a valiant effort, however.
It's a Corona- Beer from mexico works for hot days. Drink it like it's a soda. It not like it's :nopity: white zin...

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. In the form of a Corona. :dead:
I'm guessing you don't have any taste buds anymore after a steady diet of that New Belgium sewage :dead:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
narlus said:
i love dogfish 90min IPA as much as the next hophead, but i'm not gonna drain 3 of those after cutting the grass on a hot day.
You caught me before coffee, I would drink a 90min after mowing the lawn if it were that or the Crapona. But I usually stock my fridge with hefe's for summer beers. MMMMMM...Circus Boy, Swetty Betty, and Sam Adam's Hef.

Sorry for the confusion, I hope I have not offended anyone, especially the hefe's...

Edit: What Tenchiro said

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
narlus said:
i've had my share of wheats, whites and weizens this summer.

variety, mang. it's what i'm after. embrace the lime.
Go ahead, embrace the lime. :D

All I'm asking is that you put in into a margarita, and not beer.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
SkaredShtles said:
I had an IPA after mowing my yard on Monday evening. Just one.
...after? Man, if you're going to be a suburbanite, you gotta drink it "While" you cut the grass.... or that hedge you have in the back yard.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Changleen said:
Nothing wrong with a cold Corona on a hot day.
I prefer Pacifico or Dos Equis, but a juiced Corona is really hard to beat, just drink the little bit that's in the neck of the bottle, then top it up with Bacardi Limon. Very refreshing on a hot day (Better when using Pacifico, but Corona is still good)