Quantcast

A Diablo time line...

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
Anyone remember Captain America? Karpiel frame and an MX fork converted over. Azonic Love Seat and Hayes Mags too. The bike was all red, whit and blue. He had stars in between the spokes on the rim.
sounds about as obnoxiously loud as that bright green GranMal with all the stickers all over it.

DhUrbaner

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
Remember the "Jump contest" under the lift about 200 ft. up the mountain from the bottom. Remember the Trail sround the lake that took you down to Dairy Queen. Remember the Fire road to the left down to the jump in the open just outside of Asylum. Remember the Drop where the take off was inbetween the 2 wall rides on Alpine and the landing was after the 2nd wall ride. Remember the bomb down the Fire road straight to the lift with a 44 tooth chainring. I remember!

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Remember when you had to drive to the mountain to talk ****. Before the internet was functional. Way back when - before the ass clowns started talking up their game, when bragging rights came from riding, not just e-****-talking. When you had to throw down to be known, instead of having 16000 post on RM or PB or MTBR?

Oh well, guess I will see you guys the next time I am ripping mad steez, or standing on the podium, or washing my $4000 piece of chinese **** at the base. :thumb:

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
Remember the "Jump contest" under the lift about 200 ft. up the mountain from the bottom. Remember the Drop where the take off was inbetween the 2 wall rides on Alpine and the landing was after the 2nd wall ride.
Footage from that jump contest is in the video "Sprung 4", I have it on VHS.
When was that drop around? I do not recall.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Footage from that jump contest is in the video "Sprung 4", I have it on VHS.
When was that drop around? I do not recall.
That is a good video, Sprung 4 also has some downhill racing footage which looks like Asylum, but can't say for sure.

Remember when it was rare to see a kid under 17 riding Downhill.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
The little diablo kids are pretty fast, they haul.

I agree, some of the Diablo Youngin' are fast....

I enjoy riding with them because it's about having fun and progressing.... some of the older dudes take this sport a little too serious...... if i wanted seriousness i'd go to work.....

dirtyjrzy

Chimp
Jun 5, 2007
wayne nj
remember when: action park had the super fast indy cars,and race boats.

and remember when they used too wear tight downhill suits with those funky colors,and they use to only race down fireroads doin 50mph...

mike91dh

Chimp
May 22, 2007
remember when the stunt trail was built in ringwood cuz noone had anywear to ride for like 2 years?

mike91dh

Chimp
May 22, 2007
Anyone remember Captain America? Karpiel frame and an MX fork converted over. Azonic Love Seat and Hayes Mags too. The bike was all red, whit and blue. He had stars in between the spokes on the rim.
that guy is still around, saw him beginning of the season