Quantcast

A feel good storey about bike theft

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
I'm posting what the kid had in the original post, this might help get some more people on here to notice it....

WHAT? no one here is giving these companies props for what they did? Or hell at least it might get some more people out hunting for the guys that did this act!

Quote from norco_ht_pride

"PLEASE READ THIS
hey guys,
Something really shocking happened to me today that really opened my eyes... and well... one eye in peticular...
My friend and I were riding at the Walnut Grove Skate park, having a little session like we do almost every second day. We have never had a problem with anyone at that park, and it is always a cool place to be. Until today...
To make a long story short, 3 guys, who didn't even look that sketchy came into the park and sat down on the grass about 10 feet away from me and were kind of watching me and my friend ride. They were probably mid 20's. Many people come and watch us ride though, so we didn't think anything of it. About 10 minutes after they arrived, I was sitting on my bike, beside my friend who was sitting on his, and I turned around just as one of the bigger guys was right next to me, and he said
"You better give me your ****in' bike" at which point he leaned back, and punched me in the eye as hard as he could, knocking me right off my bike. It all happened to quick noone could do anything. My friend, and all the other people who were at the park (thia happened in total daylight, abdout 6 this afternoon) were yelling after him. I stumbled up and called the police right away, but they all got off clean. One on my bike, one on some CCM he had with him, and one on foot about 3 mins before his bud hit me.

This long but meaningful thread has more then one purpose. As I sit here with a cut, black, and very swolen face that I got for no reason, I want to put that message out there, that you don't really realize when a situation could turn bad until it does. So this point goes out to especially the younger riders on here, as I am only 17, to keep your distance at parks and on the street, and if ANYONE who looks like there is no point in talking to them approaches you, ride away right away. It avoides any problems.

As for my bike, I would love to have it back, especially since I was going to race the ripper this Saturday and have sponsors to perform for, is a 2003 green Norco Drop. Not many upgrades, but it has an SDG seat and I just got, as well as new crank arms and pedals, so they shoudln't be to bunged up. The most unique part is on the chainstay, is black electrical tape, and on one end is a stripe of white electrical tape with two striped of red electrical tape.

I know this was long, but I have read threads about people having their bikes stolen, and was totally bummed for them, but never thought it would happen to me, and so violently... it was really scary. Just a big dose of reality for everyone.

On one last note, if Jared Williams is on this board, could you please PM me. I bought this bike off of you from your add that was posted on this site... I need to ask you something so that would be rad if you could PM me.

Time for more ice and drugs for my eye, but I thought I would share my pain, and to make sure everyone is keeping their eyes open, because I don't want to hear about this kind of stuff, especially in the way it happened to me, at all.

Thanks guys,
Brinton Deluca "

Also..from another of his posts....

"Hey guys,
You might remember my thread about a month back about how I was attacked at a local skate park, punched in the face and had my bike stolen.
http://bb.nsmb.com/newforum/showthr...ght=PLEASE+READ

Well thanks to some amazing people and some awesome companies, I am back on a bike and totally stoked about it.

A huge shout out and thank you to:
Rocky Mountain Bikes, Norco, and Velocity Cycles for getting me a new bike. I'm the happy new owner of a Rock Mountain Switch Pro frame, decked in SAINT parks and an '04 Jr T Pro.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me out to keep my season alive... It is amazing to see how many people come together when something like that happens. Here's to an awesome biking season, and hopefully catching the pricks who are taking our rides!!
-Brinton
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/pho...ew&image=232295
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/pho...ew&image=232294 "

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
damm. he makes a good point though, be aware of your surroundings and TRUST NO ONE. seems weird and maybe it's because I've spent 10 plus years in a shaddy 'hood but it's just something you do for survival. you always have to have your guard up these days. especially when some kids are riding multi-thousand dollar bikes. they are hard to trace, once stripped and painted and easy to steal.

watch your back out there.