Quantcast

a few photos of stuff i've been cooking (and eating)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pan-seared scallops, served over linquine and watercress, covered w/ a pan sauce made from shallots, lemon juice and white wine:

proscuitto-wrapped halibut over a granny smith apple/leek side:

grilled salmon (marinated w/ soy, rice vinegar, grated ginger, chopped garlic, and cilantro) served w/ stir-fried bok choy and edamame salad

grouper over leeks and fennel, prep:

finished (w/ blood-orange/tarragon):

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
thanks! the scallops are super easy to make too.

i realized that pretty much all of these are fish dishes...i'll put up a shot of the braised chicken thighs that i made yesterday.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Those scallops look good. I have a big bag of frozen ones I bought at Costco that I need to cook up. I'm kind of a scallops noob. I've only made them once before.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Bravo! I'm sure they taste as good as they look, but they LOOK GREAT! good presentation and, of course, well shot!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Ahem.... :D

Got a load of apples we need to do something with.
ah, whoops!

slice 2 leeks (green parts removed) into ~1/4" sticks, cook w/ ~2 tbsp of butter (add s&p) for ~10 min until soft over med heat, stirring occasionally.

peel, core and thinly slice 4-5 granny smith apples. i used a mandoline but went too thin...keep to ~1/4" so they won't all go to mush.

add the apples, turn the heat down to low, cover and let set for ~20 min.

take the pan off the heat, and add in ~1/4-1/2 cup of heavy cream to the sides of the pan. let it soak it for a bit, then stir to combine.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ah, whoops!

slice 2 leeks (green parts removed) into ~1/4" sticks, cook w/ ~2 tbsp of butter (add s&p) for ~10 min until soft over med heat, stirring occasionally.

peel, core and thinly slice 4-5 granny smith apples. i used a mandoline but went too thin...keep to ~1/4" so they won't all go to mush.

add the apples, turn the heat down to low, cover and let set for ~20 min.

take the pan off the heat, and add in ~1/4-1/2 cup of heavy cream to the sides of the pan. let it soak it for a bit, then stir to combine.

sounds fantastic. I think I like the sound of the mashed up apples.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's super easy and tastes good. watch the pan temp; i think it was a bit hotter than it should have been last time i added the cream and it clotted up a bit. still, once you mix it in i don't think it matters.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the wife made this last night, to go along w/ the honey-ginger pork chops i grilled.

Roasted peppers w/ capers, olives and marjoram:

the chops:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
That right there is a whole plate full of FAIL! :rofl:

I'm having saag, jalfrezi, chapatis, some fruit, some tomato salad...

:drool:
Had grilled chicken breast (with butter and rosemary stuffed under the skin), German butterball potatoes roasted in butter/salt/pepper, and asparagus cooked with fresh Morell mushrooms and butter.

That's the wife's cooking, though, tomorrow I'm on my own. Sheboygan brats and cube steak burgers with bacon, cracked pepper, and possibly some fresh bleu cheese.