Quantcast

A few shots from Fernie

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Headed over to visit a friend in Fernie, BC over the weekend. There are some really great trails out there.

Gotta earn your runs for a lot of them, but they're worth it:

Gotta get down this bit before even getting to my buddy's trail:

Some handled it handily:

I didn't. There some pieces of my fancy new helmet strewn about the bottom of that.

Moving on...

This is the top of the actual trail:

OOp

Damn

Hard to stop sliding on a slope that steep with that much snow...

This is how you're supposed to do it:

Too bad it was so dark. This is the Black Lung. A steep coal seam. After my little spill earlier, I was taking the wussy line:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
yay snow!
I could have done without it...

The first guy to roll into the spot where I crashed came screaming in, feathered his brakes, and discovered they'd iced up. He somehow managed to drag his feet enough to stop before plummeting over the crest.

He then proceeded to "slay" the rest of the trail.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Why are you changing the subject? You shall be exposed to the rest of ridemonkey, and doomed to a life of neg rep for no reason!!
While you were there, did you happen to catch the shots of the hyperextended V10? The guy came up short on a 30' gap, lawn dart-style. Yikes.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Turns out I was riding with a kid who would have come in 4th in the Bromont World cup. 4th behind the likes of Sam Hill. If he were old enough to compete against him...he's only a junior.

No wonder I felt like I was riding like a turd.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Holy crap my other monitor suck you pictures looks much better on the new Samsung. The first one I would like to see in a much bigger version.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Is that the Microwave Tower and 3 Kings? We have a lot of trails here in Montana that are 4000 vert but the Micro Tower in Fernie rocks.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Is that the Microwave Tower and 3 Kings? We have a lot of trails here in Montana that are 4000 vert but the Micro Tower in Fernie rocks.
Yup. The first shot is on The Slunt, the rest are on Dirt Diggler which starts up at the microwave towers. Crazy terrain.