Quantcast

A friend of mine is a fire fighter...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
it is dropping that flame retartent stuff, it looks like its gonna crash becasue the people in the picture on a hill or something, and the plane is actualy no where near the ground.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Are those pics from the so cal wildfires last summer? I've got an uncle who likes to think he's important because he's part of the volunteer patrol at the police station. Anyway he was telling us last fall about how he'd taken 300 pictures of the fires and they were on some website and how they were from the ground and the air, some of the pictures were taken at the same time but were shot miles apart, yeah he swore he took all the pictures himself.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Kornphlake said:
Are those pics from the so cal wildfires last summer? I've got an uncle who likes to think he's important because he's part of the volunteer patrol at the police station. Anyway he was telling us last fall about how he'd taken 300 pictures of the fires and they were on some website and how they were from the ground and the air, some of the pictures were taken at the same time but were shot miles apart, yeah he swore he took all the pictures himself.
Yes these are from So Cal. According to my friend (who really is a fire fighter) these are from the Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead fires. He reports that the photos were taken by various fire fighters. Is he telling the truth? Well, I believe him until I catch him in a lie. Then I beat his ass for lying to me. :)
Either way, they are some pretty cool phuckin photos.

henrymiller

Monkey
May 4, 2002
Denver-A-Go-Go
Kornphlake said:
I was in NorCal last summer on two fires at the end of the fire season. My team at the end of the season put together a cd of 300 plus pictures that we all took of wildfires etc… From what I understand it fairly common for people on line crews, heli-donnas and hot shots to pool their best shots after a season.