Quantcast

A Honda thread with a difference!!!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
it looks like there should be a second page to the patent, it mentions bits and pieces of the CVT but doesn't have any pictures. I just don't get the whole bit about an eccentric and a swinging motion.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Originally posted by Kornphlake
it looks like there should be a second page to the patent, it mentions bits and pieces of the CVT but doesn't have any pictures. I just don't get the whole bit about an eccentric and a swinging motion.
there is but it seemed to work quite strangely on this machine, theres a forward n back thing that should appear near the top of your screen to get you through it.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by Kornphlake
You might want to take another look, when I view the patent it comes up as a PDF and there are 31 pages, but strangely I have to use a control in the top frame to change pages, instead of scrolling like most pdf files. It looks like there are 31 separate one page pdfs.

When I heard Honda was going ahead with a CVT I was excited but the one problem I was worried about was feeling a pulsing in the pedals as is common with these designs. Now that I see they are using a wave shaped gear to get around the pulsing (those guys know their stuff) I just hope they license or resell them eventually.