Quantcast

"A-Line" or "Dominion"?

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
I just got done watching the new US Open video...it got me thinking... Is it just me or are the jumps at Diablo actually bigger than the jumps at Whistler? Before any flaming starts, I know Whistler rules...there are more trails, more jumps, bla bla bla.... From what I remember, I have to be honest and say that the jumps at diablo actually seem to be better designed and they give you way more pop. Anyone else?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
a line has the optional hips which are pretty big. and then you have dirt merchant and crabapple hits, the last the biggest of all. comparing them is pointless, just be glad that we have such choice on both coasts.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Im a diablo local and i was at whistler last year for about two weeks. I'd say the jumps on lower dominion are probably a bit bigger than the biggest tables that are on a-line, but not by much, unless i dont remember correctly. As far as pop, I think dominion jumps are faaaar lippier than how I remember the a-line jumps being.

DOminion is "marketed" more as an expert line where i kinda think that a-line is leaning more toward the jumpline thats fun for everyone to ride kinda dealie. im sure im wrong in 80 people's eyes and folks are gonna go insane but thats my opinion. good night

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Toshi said:
a line has the optional hips which are pretty big. and then you have dirt merchant and crabapple hits, the last the biggest of all. comparing them is pointless, just be glad that we have such choice on both coasts.
Comparing isnt pointless, its merely for conversation and to satisfy curiosity.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
A-line has been modified slightly. The jumps are now lippier and have been re-enforced (concrete blocks in the face if the jump) to take the multitude of riders. Every season a-line starts out lippy enough and ends up a little less pop mid way through. Hopefully this fixes that for you jumping people :)

Hey I don't mind readin the question, I have often wondered what the diff was :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Toshi said:
Don't forget freight train and the kona jump farm. :D