Quantcast

A little front range xc goodness (pic heavy)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I finally took my new camera (Canon S500) out on a ride this weekend. Only took pics when I rested, so they're not the most exciting, but it was a great day and since a riding thread is due, here it is.

Here's my buddy Jon at the first break. That itty-bitty teeny-tiny chunk of rock behind him is just a teaser for the 100 ft of HELL that awaits you around the next switchback.

Can you spot the rider???

Here he is!

Just a little scenery looking northeast

Jon coming down some singletrack goodness

Denver off in the distance

And finally a little pano from the top before we bomb back down

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I haven't ridden White Ranch in a long time. Did you get on Belcher?? I heard that it was in really bad shape.

I rode the Mt. Falcon/Bear Creek/Lair o' the Bear/Little Park loop yesterday. It was really nice! The Bear Creek trail is getting beat up from people locking up their brakes going into the corner though. I wish people would learn to use their front brake and feather everything so they don't skid.....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Great pics, thanks Dave!

I rode the 60 mile, 8500' road loop, Boulder-Lyons-Ward-Boulder on Saturday and hike Mt. Yale on Sunday.

How'd ya get away from your beautiful baby to ride? ;)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Morryjg said:
I haven't ridden White Ranch in a long time. Did you get on Belcher?? I heard that it was in really bad shape.

I rode the Mt. Falcon/Bear Creek/Lair o' the Bear/Little Park loop yesterday. It was really nice! The Bear Creek trail is getting beat up from people locking up their brakes going into the corner though. I wish people would learn to use their front brake and feather everything so they don't skid.....
Is that what is called Super Falcon? And have you done any of the loops at the top of Falcon?

Belcher is in GREAT shape...up until the cutoff for Longhorn (first pic where Jon is resting). If you continue up Belcher it turns to loose dusty sh*t. We always ride up Belcher to Longhorn, cut off at Longhorn, take that to Shorthorn, back to Longhorn, to the top. We usually take a combo of Belcher and Mustang back down, but Sat we took Belcher all the way down. I almost washed out no less than 5 times due to the loose-ness of the trail.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
LordOpie said:
Great pics, thanks Dave!

I rode the 60 mile, 8500' road loop, Boulder-Lyons-Ward-Boulder on Saturday and hike Mt. Yale on Sunday.

How'd ya get away from your beautiful baby to ride? ;)
I have a wonderful, understanding wife that realizes that if I don't get out and ride occationally, I turn into the husband from hell. Besides, she likes to get out and run, so its only fair that I get out and ride sometimes.

Hey, I thought you were training for the Triple Bypass? What happened to that?

EDIT: I just saw your reply in your electrolite thread

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
pixelninja said:
Is that what is called Super Falcon? And have you done any of the loops at the top of Falcon?
QUOTE]

It's called Super Fun! ....except for all the road at the bottom. I don't have a problem with road, it just kinda blows on a mt. bike.

I've done all the loops up on Falcon. I think my favorite is climbing from the bottom up to the parking lot and then hitting Parmalee Gulch.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Morryjg said:
It's called Super Fun! ....except for all the road at the bottom. I don't have a problem with road, it just kinda blows on a mt. bike.

I've done all the loops up on Falcon. I think my favorite is climbing from the bottom up to the parking lot and then hitting Parmalee Gulch.
Parmalee Gulch rocks! The views down highway 285 are awesome.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Belcher was loose and rocky on the fireroad portion last time I was there. It was in much better shape earlier in the spring. :)