Quantcast

A loss in the NW MTB community

speedbump

Chimp
Mar 27, 2003
Methow Valley, WA
I don't think he was a RM user, but many of you probably knew him. Last Friday, Evan Robertson was killed by an avalanche while snowmobiling near Revelstoke, B.C. He raced Junior Expert DH in the WIM series for JF2. He was only 20 years old. He will be missed by those of us who knew him.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Condolances to his family, i knew and raced against him for several years and he will be missed at the races, always an upbeat and friendly guy.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Wow... still so young. I remember him from many years ago on the race scene. Haven't seen him in years, but I guess he made an impression.

Sad...very sad. But at least it was doing something fun and not just in some car wreck or crap like that. If you're gonna go....

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
condolances to his family.... there are risks in all the sports that we do, but it always hits home when I hear a story like this.

L

luelling

It makes me sad to see someone so young pass. My best wishes to his family and I hope he finds that pimp trail on the other side.

L

Lightninleana

There will be a memorial in Winthrop on April 15 at 11 am at the Winthrop Barn.
Evan was a great guy, a great friend and a great competitor. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.