Quantcast

A MBA cover shot...real? fake?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Lines like that one weren't freeridable before 2001, so it's definitely fake, even if he had the prototype Curnutt shock on that bike... PM Orven or Rabie for a more detailed explanation of the technology and history of the issue.

MD

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Loopie said:
Yup, 1999 MBA Downhill special :)
Intense M1, Balfa Nouveau Riche, Foes DHS-Mono, IronHorse Super-G, Mongoose NX 9.7 Pro, RM9, Kona Stab Deluxe
They wouldn't call it the "Super G-Spot"...friggin MBA

-ska todd

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
I remember a guy writing in and asking if he made it. The morons at MBA said to ask the guy watching at the bottom. I tink it is real but MBA still sucks.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
It's real. Then again it could be fake. Maybe it is a conspiracy and the CIA is actually behind whole damn thing.

Seriously though, I think it's real.

IN 2000ish there was a test on the Rocky mountain RM7 in which the cover has a picture of a rider on the RM7 rolling down a seriously steep cliff just like that one, and that one sparked a lot of controversy and turned out to be real, so I think think this one is real as well. it's all about the landing, like many of you said already

Nick

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Anybody remember that BIKE cover shot with a rider (was it Nicolas Vioulluoz, messed up spelling I know) riding out of a hole in some slickrock. Once out the hole it too was impossible steep. I think that was real. Then again BIKE has the best photographers and riders constantly stepping up to make sure their photos remain the best in the industry.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
gschuette said:
Anybody remember that BIKE cover shot with a rider (was it Nicolas Vioulluoz, messed up spelling I know) riding out of a hole in some slickrock. Once out the hole it too was impossible steep. I think that was real. Then again BIKE has the best photographers and riders constantly stepping up to make sure their photos remain the best in the industry.
that was one of the Taillefers. sick cover shot, agreed.