Quantcast

A me being nice story, while on a mtb ride

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Ok here's the story.. it's from Galbrith (trails here in Bellingham) when Lilstinky and I went for a ride. Nothing special.. just funny how people are unapppreciative(spelling?) sometimes...

So we are out on a ride the other night.. super short one.. maybe only about 30-40 minutes.....

Anyways... we are finishing up and I stop to wait for Lilstinky and Kona (our dog) on the fire road.. right by the gate..

I watch Lilstinky stop and hear a funny sound.. thinking, man her brakes are making a funny noise...

Then we stopped and BS'd for a sec.. and I hear it again..

Thought it was her phone ringing then... she didn't have her phone

Ok, so I go up the road and find a cell phone sitting there.. I picked it up trying to see if there was a number in there to call to see if I could get it to it's owner

Well it rings again and I answer it... hello? the girl on the other end asks "did you just find a phone?" (I'm thinking DUH.. I answerd it didn't I?) "Yeah I found a phone" (ok.. I know what else would one have asked me...)

Well what are the chances of me being there at that time (almost dark) and having her phone ring?

So I told her to meet us in the parking lot on Gailbrith lane (that's the road her phone was on) but she says she didn't know where that was.. WTF?

Ok.. fine.. she asks if I could drive it to her place.. ok fine, not a problem... I'm a nice guy.

So I drive it over that and I knock on the door she answers it... "do you have the phone?" I say "yes".. then she says "thanks", and closes the door.. THAT'S IT! no asking how why when or wahtever about how I found it... no offer of a beer or anything.....

I mean think about how much I saved her finding it.. and then going outa my way to drive it to her house.. not like it was a few seconds away or anything, and don't get me wrong, not like I was expecting her to offer me beer or anything, just after she closed the door I was like... umm... that was kinda weird...
But eh, it was still nice of me to drop it off for her, so I'm still feelin good. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
slcpunk21 said:
Ok here's the story.. <snip>
But eh, it was still nice of me to drop it off for her, so I'm still feelin good. :thumb:
Dude. You oughta be feelin' like a chump. But now you know where she lives. Go let all the air out of her tires and smear some dog$hit on her door. Or maybe leave a dead cooked rabbit in a pot in front of her door.

-S.S.-

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. You oughta be feelin' like a chump. But now you know where she lives. Go let all the air out of her tires and smear some dog$hit on her door. Or maybe leave a dead cooked rabbit in a pot in front of her door.

-S.S.-
Nah.. you wanna know why I'm really feeling good... it's cause I saw her ugly mug at the door and was like DANG.. glad I don't have to go threw life lookin like that..

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Nice - some guy returned my phone last week when I lost it - only he didn't have to go anywhere - we were on the same trail. It's too bad about the ingrate b1tch - but that was mighty cool of you.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
what's the phone number? maybe she needs a few thousand friendly phone calls reminding her that a little gratitude goes a long way.