Quantcast

A mountainbiker to win the Tour de France!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Cadel takes the yellow today on the way to Paris tomorrow. I've been waiting for a mountain biker to win the Tour for a while now. Stoked for Cadel. this was a fun Tour to watch.

:thumb:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I happy about that. Cadel has come in second so many times through out his career(Worlds, the Tour) I am happy to see him get the jersey and the recognition he deserves

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I was so sure it was going to be Andy Schleck who'd take it this year, really happy to see Cadel in the yellow though.

Looking for an exciting finish from Cav and the HTC guys tomorrow, their lead out train is phenomenal

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I doubt that he will flunk a drug test. The schleks are just that terrible at ITT's, plus the past two days looked like it was Andy's doing in as he looked even flatter than he normally is in a TT. Where Evans paced himself to just damage control over the previous two stages.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Umm, wasn't Landis a mountain biker first as well?

Or is he now "He Who's Name Shall Not Be Spoken"??

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
SSSSSsssshhhhhh Landis who? (PS. if Cadel fails a piss test I shall use this response again until we find out who the 'clean' winner is)

Anyone who has made it through the three weeks of hell that is the TDF deserves far more credit (fiscally and socially) than they get

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I dig watching the tour. Doping scandal or not. They all dope, so let the best cheater win I say.

Cadel deserves to win, especially telling Andy to F.O. pulling them up D'huez.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I dig watching the tour. Doping scandal or not. They all dope, so let the best cheater win I say.

Cadel deserves to win, especially telling Andy to F.O. pulling them up D'huez.
I've been rooting for Cadel ever since he was chasing Rasmussen up the Pyrenees, only to see him banned later. the thing is, he'd expended valuable energy chasing down the wrong guy, and didn't have much left to chase (was it Alberto or Sastre that year?) the eventual winner.

plus i think Cadel is a down-to-earth classy guy. of course, i don't know him and i could be wrong, but i that's how he comes off in the media.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
plus i think Cadel is a down-to-earth classy guy. of course, i don't know him and i could be wrong, but i that's how he comes off in the media.
He's known for being a total cock actually. Still, he probably deserved the win.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Fail to see what is dickhead about his thread title, unless you are viewing it from a fixie hipster Eurotrash bike snob point of view, then yeah...

Cheerios, dude!
How about the fact it was instantly obvious who was now leading the tour when I read the title, been away all weekend and was looking forward to catching up on the highlights I'd recorded.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
How about the fact it was instantly obvious who was now leading the tour when I read the title, been away all weekend and was looking forward to catching up on the highlights I'd recorded.
So you're looking to avoid spoilers but you come here. Are you retarded?

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
You make a decent point but I still think I was entitled to my pathetic bitch whine despite not having the necessary maturity/will power to stay the hell away from the internet!

Nerf Herder

Chimp
Mar 26, 2010
I've been rooting for Cadel ever since he was chasing Rasmussen up the Pyrenees, only to see him banned later. the thing is, he'd expended valuable energy chasing down the wrong guy, and didn't have much left to chase (was it Alberto or Sastre that year?) the eventual winner.

Sastre ......

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
So you're looking to avoid spoilers but you come here. Are you retarded?
I did the same thing. Stayed out of the road forum, came here by habit.

Now, granted, it wasn't that big a spoiler because I knew AS was going to suck donkey balls in the TT and had zero expectation that he would win, barring a horrific accident that took out the 15 guys who started before he did...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
no just don't buy the tainted spanish beef BS:rofl:
All the Contador haters I know hated him long before that ever happened. They just happen to be Lance fan-boys. They of course ignore the evidence against Lance using significantly more effective drugs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what about those of us who hate them both?
No problem with that. No problem with anyone hating any of them. That is what sports is all about for a spectator, find someone you like or don't, cheer or jeer them on. I just like to figure out why people like who they do.

Last edited:

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Contador! :rofl: Don't piss him off....

Alberto Contador punches a spectator dressed in medical garb who had been running alongside him sticking a stethoscope in Contador's face as he climbed Alpe d'Huez during the 19th stage on July 22, 2011.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Contador! :rofl: Don't piss him off....

Alberto Contador punches a spectator dressed in medical garb who had been running alongside him sticking a stethoscope in Contador's face as he climbed Alpe d'Huez during the 19th stage on July 22, 2011.
FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!111

:rofl: