Quantcast

A neat pic of me...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My friend andrew took this of me with a little disposable camera a few weeks ago when we were riding the Maunawili trail. Colors are neato.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by quadricolour
:thumb:

How is the riding in Hawaii?
the trails, as you can see, are lush and beautiful, but lack in the technical department for sure. Also, there arent too many of them. But I like it.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by BurlySurly
the trails, as you can see, are lush and beautiful, but lack in the technical department for sure. Also, there arent too many of them. But I like it.
Looks awesome.

I tried to ride down the Nepali trail a couple years ago - that was the most technical trail on this side of the world I've ever been on.

You're not really supposed to bring bikes up there though, I got alot of dirty looks.

But yeah, the rest of Kauai was kinda tame - the mud was the most difficult thing. Crazy volcanic clay soil.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ive not ridden Kauai yet. I hope to before I move. The big island has some good stuff, but not many riders there, really. Oahu, where I live has a decent scene. We even have shuttle DH runs with some nice jumps here and there. This one of me was taken last year.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by ckooi
the pic is nicely take, i used to own that norco atomik :thumb:
That's actually the Launch, not the Atomik, but theyre basically the same. The suspension didnt really work on it.

Hey, here's a tip everyone. Never buy a Stratos S7 if you dont like to work on stuff. I had greenpeace following me around cleaning off sea otters and pelicans that thing spewed so much oil.