Quantcast

A Prayer to the Galbraith Gods

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Was up there saturday. We went up the ridge->cedar->darryl's->galby lane fireroad->3000. The last bend on that road before you reach the climb up to the wonderland rocks had about 7" of snow on it. Once you got to the climb, the snow was gone. Pretty odd.

We didn't bother going up to the towers as it looked quite snowed in. We took whatever trail leads down to keystone. From there we took keystone and the next trail that opens up on the right. From there we went to purple heart, 911 and then sst. Back down ridge->miranda and we were done. The only snow was on the the first trail and that went away after a few minutes of riding.

911 and sst were in great shape; fast and tacky.

The bright shining orb above us all day didn't hurt :)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You gotta convince your lady to move...Montana is nice, but it's got sh*t going on for economy...I can't wait to get out of Missoula! Also, there isn't THAT much snow in Montana...far less than the mountains around Bellingham. I mean seriously, Baker got 220" of snowfall in December alone... My lease runs up May 31st, then Bellingham here I come! I still need to find a job though...I'm starting a photog business out there, but I will definitely need a day job until that takes off.

All I think about is endless mountain biking this summer in Bham, Loops, Kelowna, Squamish, Whistler etc...all just a day-trip away.

We got a ton of snow this year in Kalispell and Whitefish. Missoula didnt hardly get any snow. The snow is still 4-5 ft deep in Whitefish. We got a ton more snow than Missoula. I need to be close to NS an Whistler and I need to be able to ride more than 6-7 months a year. This is getting depressing. I need to convince the wife to move. At least she lets me ride the NS and Whistler 2-3 week a year, now. At least we are close to Fernie and Panorama.