Quantcast

A ride with my hero

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Huf and Puff is my hero because at age 70, with emphazema, he still gets out to ride his bike. He may not go fast or far, but he rides and that makes him my hero.

A photo of the group. From the left, Bob, Huff's cousin, Huff, my GF and me.

JRA shots. Nothing too technical, but out in the woods with good company.

huff&puff

Chimp
Jul 18, 2006
I had to register here just to say thanks to Quo Fan. I'm a little embarassed,but I'll get my cape ready for future rides ! :-)
Ed

huff&puff

Chimp
Jul 18, 2006
;) :)
splat said:
It is always A Pleasure to ride with Ed !!

John, the pleasure's all mine. Your beginner rides are the only times I'll ever see 'nam. Your patience and help is always appreciated.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
My goal is to be one of those old guys in I see in Arkansas who are racing Expert at 60+ on a rigid singlespeed!

Props to you!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cool. One of my inspirations was getting my ass beat by my friends 65 year old father in an open class sport race.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Cool. One of my inspirations was getting my ass beat by my friends 65 year old father in an open class sport race.
Yep, when I raced sport XC, my inspiration was provided by a guy who beat me with a peg leg.
Let me reword that. He beat me in a race with only one leg.
He did not actually beat me with his peg leg, but that would have made me go faster too.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Cool post, thanks for the share. I remember a few years back MBA had an article about a guy who was in his mid 60's still riding DH. Just goes to show that as long as you take care of yourself over the years you can be active in old age...
Instead of staring at the wall all day between meals.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
Cool post, thanks for the share. I remember a few years back MBA had an article about a guy who was in his mid 60's still riding DH. Just goes to show that as long as you take care of yourself over the years you can be active in old age...
Instead of staring at the wall all day between meals.
we ride with a friends dad at diablo, he is 64 yrs old, he just bought my old norco team dh for his ride this year. like you said, stay in good shape, ride till yer 70!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Cool post, thanks for the share. I remember a few years back MBA had an article about a guy who was in his mid 60's still riding DH.
I think he is older than that if its the same guy I met. I showed him some trails when he asked at Mt Snow in 03 or 04. He was riding a Foes all by himself (not a good plan when you are that old).

Jun 12, 2007
Southborough, MA
Who is that guy that you and Silver Turtle were saying hucks and is on Medicare?
LOL.

Can't catch a break.....now "medicare" will be on the "hurtful" commentary list by the crew I ride with...along with he's "75......92".................
......"what are you thinking about.... the early bird special?"....."he collects SS between rides", etc.

Yes, you really have to stay in shape in order to ride hard. My latest slam came at Borderland two Saturday's ago. Check out the short clip on Utube under danablee.....Borderland...June 21. I'm the fool on the orange Bullit having a yard sale at clips end. Very sore chest and back, but nothing broken and finally came clean with my wife this past weekend when she saw the DVD clip with the extended family. She couldn't understand why we were making light of the whole thing. Wearing full armor has now saved my butt twice this season.